PDA

View Full Version : Volume Two, Show One

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

K9SAT
04-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Scott and Bob kick of Season Two with a big bang over the latest news of AMC 14. Continuing on the Eastern Arch conquest, Scott reveals some new HD local Launch dates as well as a huge announcement regarding other slots within Eastern Arch scope. We finally wrap things up with the some talk about Tivo and E*. As always, keep it tuned to satelliteguys.us for the latest breaking news and Vote for us at Podcast Alley!
Dialup users Click here (Real Audio) (http://www.satelliteguys.us/podcast/042708satguys.ra)

tigerfan33
04-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Great show guys!!

Looks like Eastern Arc is full steam ahead.

This could be an interesting week for Dish.:)

db2
04-27-2008, 09:18 PM
Nice job gentleman. Still running on multiple gears! Scott's audio sounded a little scratchy at the 1-2min mark. Other than that, it sounded good.

You guys have been WAY ahead of the curve on all the Eastern Arc stuff, nice job.

This is definitely a, "put up or unplug" week for Dish Network.

We'll just wait and see...we half to.

Switching Gears
A Satelliteguys.us Podcast

JIGGIEFLY
04-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Great job keep up the good work thanks for the info

sA :: Shaggy
04-28-2008, 12:02 AM
I due believe the new dish is called 1k.4

I was wondering scott if u had any info on western arch?

I would love to go to team summit but im workin..

darrencp22
04-28-2008, 07:42 AM
Why the limited on D* talk? Since I switched to D there doesnt seem to be a reason to listen to the podcast.

K9SAT
04-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Why the limited on D* talk? Since I switched to D there doesnt seem to be a reason to listen to the podcast.

Because there really has been no Directv news. When there is we do cover it. Right now everything is pritty stagnent over at D* untill D*11 finishes testing.

Max Wright
04-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Nice podcast. I listened right in my browser.

At the end you said to "make sure you vote for us on...." Do you have a link for that? How do we vote?

Thanks for all the great information. Even though you're not associated with Dish, it is nice to hear about things in the pipeline.

TheKrell
04-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Alright you sly devils! How is it that you described the following activity without a corresponding uplink report? (If it's there, I haven't found it via search.)

Echo 4 (?) at 77 now has all 32 transponders lit! I can't even begin to understand that one since all but 4 (or was it 6?) transponders on Echo4 are dead. I do recall reading that the power problems resolved themselves when a solar panel finished deploying after being stuck for years. But how did all those transponders fix themselves? Is there another satellite at 77 that I don't know about? The podcast mentions NBATV on channel 560 and channels 6809 through 6840 carrying slates (UP 4 - 8).

Transponder 1 at 72.7 is now running channel 6801 UP5. Huh? Since when is there any satellite at 72.7? DirectTV 1R is still sitting at 72.5, while AMC6 is at 72.0.

IL HD NUTT
04-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Awesome podcast guys! I'm pretty new here but I'm learning tons just listening to you. I look forward to future shows!:eureka

Reigster at SatelliteGuys