PDA

View Full Version : My ramblings about this CEDIA Show

Pages : [1] 2

Digital Dude
09-04-2008, 01:30 AM
OK so last year was kindof a bust. Since 1080p has become dominant in displays things are not like the excitment a few years ago.

The overriding theme last year (2007) was thin bezels, zzzzzzzz.

This year there are already more interestings to write about than last year, and the convention hasn't even started yet!

I just want to show everyone the beginning of the speakercraft press conference. If this doesn't frighten you then I don't know what will! I'll go into more depth in another thread but check this video! Crap,the video's are at least 34 megs! Here's a picture of the dancers at the press conference.

tigerfan33
09-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Digtal. Can you find out some information on hdmi wireless by Gefen (or any company that will be producing this product). I am not sure if they are there this year but I was told they will have a product out within the next few weeks.

Thanks!!

vjkaty
09-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Could you take a look at Mitsubishi for their new Laserview rear projection tv Models. They are due out within a month or two.

paja
09-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Could you take a look at Mitsubishi for their new Laserview rear projection tv Models. They are due out within a month or two.

The Laservue models were hyped to be out 3Q according to MITS earlier this year. Now they are saying Nov. Could you get the scoop as to whether or not that these sets/technology will EVER be out?? :rolleyes:

Digital Dude
09-04-2008, 10:27 PM
I stumbled passt them today. I'm hitting Mits tomorrow.

mike123abc
09-05-2008, 01:43 AM
JVC was supposed to also be showing 4k projector technology...

vjkaty
09-05-2008, 09:40 AM
I stumbled passt them today. I'm hitting Mits tomorrow.

Any info or pix appreciated :):):):):):):)

ripnbigc
09-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Any info or pix appreciated :):):):):):):)

:up

vjkaty
09-05-2008, 09:21 PM
September 05, 2008

Mitsubishi announces prices for its laser-based HDTV

Back in Spring, John Sciacca discussed Mitsubishi's new LaserVue HDTVs. Mitsubishi officially showed off its new screens a few months ago, but while it was happy to show off the TV's technical attributes, it was reticent to offer any specific pricing information. Finally, at CEDIA 2008, Mitsubishi has finally revealed the number to match the funky screen.

In case you've forgotten, the LaserVue is a laser-based HDTV. Instead of using LCDs or plasma, it uses an array of red, green, and blue lasers to project its image onto the screen. According to Mitsubishi, it delivers a color gamut over 200% NTSC standard, and consumes less than 200 watts (significantly less than LCD and plasma screens). The company even claims that it can run indefinitely, without the light source "burning out" or otherwise dimming (a problem faced by all LCD and plasma screens and projectors). Impressive claims, but I'll have to see some test results myself before I can believe it.

The 65" Mitsubishi LaserVue will retail for $6,999, putting it on equal ground with most 60-inch-or-larger flat panels, and significantly cheaper than upcoming high-end models like the $10,000 65" Pioneer Kuro. If Mitsubishi's claims about color hold up, we could be looking at a real contender in the big-screen market. The 65" LaserVie starts shipping at the end of September to Mitsubishi's Select Diamond retailers, and will see a wider release around the end of October. Mitsubishi has plans for a 73" LaserVue, but it hasn't announced pricing or a release date yet.

Digital Dude
09-06-2008, 12:27 AM
Dudes,
I spent about an hour with the 2 Mits divisions today. (Front PJ and RPTV/ Flat panel) and the Laser TV is as cool as Snow Miser from the show "Year without a Santa Claus"!

8mw-1ehsuJM

Reigster at SatelliteGuys