PDA

View Full Version : Life On Mars ...

Pages : [1] 2

jokeworm
09-09-2008, 12:51 AM
ABC - Life on Mars: Thursday, Oct. 9, 10 p.m. ET (series premiere)

This is going to be HUGE.

Saw the UK version of this show a couple of years ago and it was excellent. Just watched a pre-air of episode one of the US version of this show and .. it is pretty much using the same script .. with the obvious cultural changes/references being changed too ...

The quality is still there though ... do set your DVR's ... this is going to be the biggest "new" hit of 2008.

Don't say i didn't tell you ...

;)

jokeworm
10-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Not one comment ? Really ?

Just caught up with the 1st episode. I thought it was much better than the pre-air that i caught. Looked fantastic in HD. Music was excellent. Followed the UK storyline almost exactly .. but was different enough to keep me interested.

Its going to stay on my list of shows that i will be DVR'ing for sure :)

gbjbany
10-14-2008, 08:41 PM
well i wont be watching the us version as, like you, i watched the uk version, and so all the cultural references, as i grew up in the uk during this period, the old cars etc, where fun. The us version wont have that relevance for me, so will be watching other stuff.

Hope it is a hit.

teachsac
10-14-2008, 08:50 PM
It was OK. I'll watch a couple more to see how it ends up. Pretty sad when new network shows a remakes.

S~

mloebl
10-14-2008, 09:01 PM
I liked it. My wife and I both enjoyed Journeyman so wasn't sure what to expect here. Really only complaint was they explained too much too soon?
If he is in a coma, would have maybe added a bit more mystery if they didn't mention anything quite yet to string us along for a few episodes on "where" he was and how he got there. But regardess it was still pretty good and I'll keep the timer for now.

-Mike

smokey982
10-15-2008, 09:25 AM
I liked it. My wife and I both enjoyed Journeyman so wasn't sure what to expect here.

I thought it was OK, but I really enjoyed Journeyman much more.

KAB
10-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Bottom line for me, just another cop show, this one set in the 70's. I'll pass on the rest.

iceturkee
10-15-2008, 09:42 AM
time tunnel meets nypd blue. sadly, it ain't blue and how many time traveling shows must we endure. but the possibility sam tyler is really in a mental ward or in a coma at the hospital does make this intriguing. i've given it a season pass.....we shall see!

MikeD-C05
10-15-2008, 07:35 PM
I'll pass. I already watched the BBC version and don't have time to watch the U.S. version too. The funniest thing about this season is that I have TOO much new tv shows that I want to watch and NOT enough time to watch them all. I feel like I can't keep up. Who would of thought that this would of ever be a problem?

KAB
10-17-2008, 07:24 AM
Watched last night's ep, which will be my last. I could not believe the lousy music editing of the old songs. They really butchered "I An A Rock' and "All The Way To Memphis". No even close to matching beats.

Reigster at SatelliteGuys