PDA

View Full Version : We are on the way to CES!

Pages : [1] 2

rockymtnhigh
01-06-2009, 05:16 AM
Several staff members have had very early mornings today, as we are in the process of heading to Las Vegas for the 2009 Consumer Electronic Show. We'll be there in force to provide you with the best coverage possible of the show. I'm sitting in an airport waiting for the trip to begin!

Beyond covering Dish Network, my plan is to focus on Blu-Ray, the latest and greatest in HDTV, and computer gadgets. The scope of the CES Show is hard to describe; imagine a Sam's Club or Costco, and triple the size of the building. Then add on a second floor, and only then do you have the Las Vegas Convention Center. Add to that a SECOND convention center (The Venetian/Sands) and you have CES. Stealing from Howard from Big Bang Theory, "its like nerdvanna." :D

I'll continue to blog as the trip progresses. Now, I just want to get on board the plane, and into Las Vegas.

gabshere
01-06-2009, 05:38 AM
have a safe trip & a great time :)

oh and we all love gadgets :D

Joewee
01-06-2009, 10:47 AM
I will also be going to the CES Show.
Where will the Satellite Guys be located
at so I can check in ?

satjay
01-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Great to hear

Will Directv have any kind of presence there?

dfergie
01-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Great to hear

Will Directv have any kind of presence there?Not officially... :(

rockymtnhigh
01-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Planes were delayed, but Ramy and I are here, looking out our room on the strip, going to head to the Sands Press Room to get our credentials, and make a plan of attack for tomorrow.

Don Landis
01-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah, my flight /plane originated out of Chicago and they announced it was running about a half hour late. But, finally arrived here and checked in. CC closed the section I usually stay because, they said, turnouit wasn't good this year. So, I'm in the skyrise tower. A bit longer walk to the bus than I usually have.
Time to rest up and do some non-CES activities tomorrow.

dfergie
01-07-2009, 05:54 AM
About 5 minutes away from starting my trip...

Ramy
01-07-2009, 10:31 AM
I am here and have seen some nice stuff but nothing eye-popping yet.

dfergie
01-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Nerds... :D we are at the Strat ready to rock and roll... nice flight in etc...:

Reigster at SatelliteGuys