PDA

View Full Version : RTN is now in BOSTON!

philhu
05-25-2009, 08:48 PM
WMFP (Analog 62, digital 18) (Formerly Shop-at-home), is now RTN!

Their Station ID says RTX 18.1, but it is RTN

What is cool is it is NOT the same schedule as WJARDT2 (10.2 from Providence). About 75% is the same, but other shows are different.

I thought RTN was only doing a national east and national west feed now?
That all stations showed the same feeds? Am I wrong?

meinename
05-26-2009, 01:12 PM
As far as I can find, RTN is Ku-band only on 83W
There are 2 RTN channels, "RTN East" and "RTN West"
RTN West is the same as RTN East except it runs 3 hours later.

The program change would be at the local station.

Unfortunately, the RTN national feed is a weak signal with a strong adjacent signal right now.
If you wanted to throw up a dish to get all of the programs, you'd need a 40"-48" dish to pick it up reliably right now.

So complain to the station (WMFP) and/or throw up a dish!
If you decide to throw up a dish come join us in the Free-to-Air Disccussion (http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/)

philhu
05-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Well, I don't need to put up another dish. WMFP is on our FiOS cable now on channel 23

The 2 schedules, WMFP and WJARDT2 are about 70% the same, but the rest are completely different shows at different times.

Also, WJAR runs RTN until about 2am, WMFP until 1am.

But the show are definitely different at times. I would think that is an awful lot of work by a local station to put in other shows and where did they get them? They all have the RTN bumpers in the shows, the RTN national commercials, etc.

So, I think there are customized schedules fed from RTN now that we do not know about, maybe fed over phone or HS link.

philhu
06-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Ok

RTN is distributed to select TV Stations using IPTV

Most take east/west feeds, but some, actually work like the 'old days' of RTN, by IPTv.

WMFP is using an IPTv feed.

Iceberg
06-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Also RTN has a bunch of affiliates on C-Band...about 30+

some of it has to do with the shows. If another channel in the market has that show then RTN cant show it. So they substitute another show

philhu
06-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Interesting, so the fact there are 2 RTN affiliates close together means they are butting up on each others shows?

Well, that seems wierd.

Reigster at SatelliteGuys