PDA

View Full Version : Researcher Sees Hits in NCIS: L.A., Leno

dfergie
07-28-2009, 10:50 PM
-By Anthony Crupi
While the fall TV season is still a good two months down the road, a New York-based research company already has a bead on which new shows are likely to break out in 2009-10.

After subjecting the fall slate to a comprehensive review, NewMediaMetrics’ predictive analysis suggests that CBS’ NCIS: Los Angeles should scare up big ratings Tuesday nights at 9 p.m., while NBC’s Jay Leno Show could prove to be a powerhouse at 10 p.m., particularly on Tuesday nights.
Source & More: mediaweek.com (http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/content_display/news/national-broadcast/e3ifbe66072f1b88f1fcaf966f84d09291f)

Derwin0
07-29-2009, 02:42 PM
The NCIS spin-off is a safe bet, especially since it follows NCIS on Tuesdays.

But I can't see Leno being a powerhouse. The ratings at the current timeslot would be considered atrocious in primetime. Plus, CBS has quite a few powerhouse shows (CSI:Miami, CSI:NY, Numbers) that will likely lose no viewers to Leno.

gadgtfreek
07-30-2009, 10:37 AM
I think Ill enjoy NCIS LA, couldnt care less about Leno.

BlackHitachi
07-30-2009, 01:14 PM
I think Ill enjoy NCIS LA, couldnt care less about Leno.Same here.

Geronimo
07-30-2009, 01:22 PM
i don't see Leno working that weel either---certainly not 5 nights a week. But then again people laughed when ABC decided to puta quiz show of all things in prime time but "Who Wants to be a Millionaire did alright for awhile. maybe NBC can get a year or so out of the variety format.

dfergie
07-30-2009, 02:49 PM
I miss Leno and Conan doesn't cut it, (burned out on Dave when he went to CBS)... I'll watch.

mike123abc
07-30-2009, 05:21 PM
It will be interesting to see how Leno works his show. He could do anything. Perhaps each night of the week it will be a different show format, in a sense giving 5 different types of comedy/variety shows. Some people might only like Monday nights for example. He tended to do that on the Tonight show with his skits. Monday nights was always Headlines.

dfergie
07-30-2009, 10:17 PM
I Liked Headlines, Jay Walking and the battle of the Jay Walk stars;)

Reigster at SatelliteGuys