PDA

View Full Version : CES HT Screens & Mounts

dfergie
01-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Roaming around late the first day I came across the screens section...

dfergie
01-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Mounts...

dfergie
01-21-2010, 11:51 AM
YouTube- Vutec@CES2010_FrontSide

dfergie
01-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Received a link for the previous from Vutec, along with a link for their site, The Projection Screen Technology Leader - Vutec Corporation (http://www.vutec.com/Products/Vision_X_Fixed_Frame_Masking/Dyna-Curve/index.html?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Vision+X+DYNA-CURVE+with+SilverStar&utm_content=Thank+you+for+attending+CES&utm_campaign=CES2010_FollowUp_Domestic)

I will post more from the other screen manufacturers when I get them.

tigerfan33
01-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Thanks Don. Look forward to it.

Don Landis
01-24-2010, 02:25 PM
The newest innovation from the screen makers is the cylindrical curved screen. One of the drawbacks in prior years of the high gain coatings was the hot spot and rapid diminishi9ng of brightness in off center viewing. Vutec and others have essentially eliminated this defect with the cylindrically curved screen. It's expensive and must be fixed as a roll-up is impossible. But it has same brightness off center as center viewing and no hotspot.

Unfortunately, I can't use this technology because my screen MUST be roll up due to the way my HT is designed.

tigerfan33
01-26-2010, 10:19 AM
The newest innovation from the screen makers is the cylindrical curved screen. One of the drawbacks in prior years of the high gain coatings was the hot spot and rapid diminishi9ng of brightness in off center viewing. Vutec and others have essentially eliminated this defect with the cylindrically curved screen. It's expensive and must be fixed as a roll-up is impossible. But it has same brightness off center as center viewing and no hotspot.

Unfortunately, I can't use this technology because my screen MUST be roll up due to the way my HT is designed.

Interesting. It sounds like the Black Diamond screen but at a higher gain.

Reigster at SatelliteGuys