PDA

View Full Version : Questions for XStreamHD

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

dfergie
02-16-2010, 07:32 PM
It was brought up tonight in the special SatelliteGuys Show chat that we needed a Questions for George CEO of XStream Thread, so here it is! George and other company officials will monitor this forum and thread. Thanks for only posting questions for XStream, please, all off topic posts will be moved. :)

Proton
02-17-2010, 09:03 AM
When the service launches I assume it will only be available in the continental US.
Any plans to make it available to areas inside the footprint of AMC16?

Arse69
02-17-2010, 09:26 AM
As a satellite retailer, will I be able to offer it and display it in my store?
Do you have any plans of using satellite retailers to distribute your product?

digiblur
02-17-2010, 10:34 AM
I heard this question asked on the chat but the answer didn't really answer the question.

Will the ATSC tuners support VHF channels 2-13 for OTA recordings?

SatinKzo
02-17-2010, 11:53 AM
I heard this question asked on the chat but the answer didn't really answer the question.

Will the ATSC tuners support VHF channels 2-13 for OTA recordings?

I heard it get avoided to. It was pretty plainly asked why the documents only show UHF and not VHF for the ATSC tuners. I don't care if the box has 3 (IIRC) ATSC tuners if they only do UHF. I'm sorry, but apart from the technical difficulties, I heard absolutely nothing new about ther service other than some integration with game systems.

Don't take me wrong, I really appreciate everyone's time, but nothing about the chat really sold me on anything. Might be something that interests others as heard on the chat there did seem to be some very interested individuals.

pendragon
02-17-2010, 12:15 PM
According to the XStreamHD website, the media server is "DLNA Certifiedô v1.5" However I could find no similar such mention for the Media Receivers. Are these receivers DLNA capable, or will they only stream from a XStreamHD server?

n1wbd
02-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Thanks to George for doing the interview last night. I do have 2 questions though I may have missed or was'nt discussed during the show.

1. I realize that your service sounds like it is mainly a PPV/rental/purchase service but does XStreamHD have any plans to also offer cable type programming on a monthly basis?

2. For those of us that cannot get broadband service. Could you explain if there are any limitations of features in your equipment that will not work if a customer does not have broadband Internet service available to them.

Thank You
Bob N1WBD
Grafton NH

vurbano
02-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Why can't your box recieve Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD Master audio and then send it out LPCM? The answer to that question didnt make sense to me.

Scott Greczkowski
02-17-2010, 02:33 PM
Listen to last night broadcast Vurbano this was answered at length (and I think your going to like the answer) :)

Cegarrett
02-17-2010, 03:52 PM
I want to run this system in place of my Dishnetwork system. But I can't find any pricing past one room how much are extra rooms?

and I'm very interested in the Internet streaming Hulu, Netflix, Etc...

Reigster at SatelliteGuys