PDA

View Full Version : CBS cancels seven shows, including 'Ghost,' 'Case'

Pages : [1] 2 3

dfergie
05-18-2010, 05:50 PM
CBS is going to have some open slots next season after all. In an year when some insiders speculated that CBS would only lose a couple shows, the network just canceled four dramas (including three veterans) and two comedies.
Crime procedurals "Cold Case," "Ghost Whisperer" and "Numbers" will not be renewed for next season. Jerry Bruckheimer's drama "Miami Medical" is likewise canceled, as is fellow freshman "Accidentally on Purpose," which mainly aired in the network's Monday night comedy block. Source & More: hollywoodreporter.com (http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/05/cbs-cancels-cold-case-numbers-miami-medical.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+live_feed+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Live+Feed%29)

pro96
05-18-2010, 06:39 PM
oH MAN, they canceled Ghost Whisperer. I watched the show but didn't really know what it was about since all I saw was THE twins LOL

rockymtnhigh
05-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Still mad they canned Numb3rs. :(

Jimmy 440
05-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Cold case too !!! Man,I may as well thow my tv out .Da*m !

riffjim4069
05-18-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm surprised they cancelled Ghost Whisperer...Jennifer Love Hewitt (aka Boob Lady, aka the Woman who changes 9-times per episode) must have been asking too much. I grew tired of the show a couple years ago, but the ratings were still solid for a Friday night. Still, CBS could have gotten another year out of this show.

We were all expecting Numb3rs to be cancelled. The numbers (no pun intended) were solid for the Friday 10pm timeshot, but the salaries of Krumholtz, Morrow and Hirsh made it expensive to produce and Krumholtz and Morrow are working on other pilots. To be honest, this is huge mistake by CBS since Numb3rs was a "smart" show and has a loyal following. CBS should have had Agent Sinclair take over Don Eppes role and Lary Fleinhardt replace Charlie Eppes...and cut Hirsh and Ramanujan loose as well. As you'll recall in the final "makeshift" episode, Agent Sinclair was promoted to lead a field office in DC. In my opinion, Sinclair/Fleinhardt would have done a good job, given the show a fresh start, reduced the production costs, and maintained much of their Friday night followers. CBS now has a major problem with their Friday night lineup...which they have been winning for years. Personally, this show had another 2-3 years left in the tank. I'm not happy this show cancelled.

Cold case was an excellent show (watched it for many years), but I feel it had run its course. I occasionally watched the show from time-to-time, but 7-years was a good run. I can't say I watched any of the other cancelled show...but thank goodness CBS pulled-the-plug on Miami Medical - it was a stinker IMO.

MikeD-C05
05-18-2010, 08:41 PM
NOT Jennifer LOVE HUGE TITS! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! What will I do now on Fridays? Oh maybe ABC will pick it up since it is an ABC production anyway.

riffjim4069
05-18-2010, 11:15 PM
OK, I'm clueless...CBS was pushing their "Ghost Whisperer - The Other Side IV" tonight during NCIS. I have no idea what this is? Is this just some goofly web series? Is this going to be the replacement series?

JimmyMcGee
05-18-2010, 11:23 PM
OMG! This affects me in NO way! :p

shkarter1985
05-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Thanks alot CBS for also cancelling ATWT!

Derwin0
05-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Wow, my wife is going to be pissed about Ghost Whisperer...

CBS probably killed it and kept Medium because Medium is inhouse, but Ghost Whisperer is a joint project with ABC, so not as much syndication cash in the future with more episodes.

Reigster at SatelliteGuys