PDA

View Full Version : Hands On With XStreamHD

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Scott Greczkowski
07-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Check this review out... I think its very fair.

First Look: XStreamHD delivers movies in Blu-ray quality — instantly | DVICE (http://dvice.com/archives/2010/07/xstreamhd-previ.php)

BTW I should note I have been invited to XStreamHD HQ to check things out for myself, but with everything that has been going on as of late I have not had the time to make the trip from CT to VA. I do hope to go sometime in the future though. :)

navychop
07-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Well, you just missed the NoVA SatGuys quarterly meeting, BBQ & witchfest, anyway. ;)

It will be interesting to see how XStream plays out its hand.

lakebum431
07-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Agree that it is fair, no new info really. Reading the responses to the review are right on par with what I expect inn society. Basically everyone saying WTF with a few saying that there are those that will pay for quality. The big question is are there enough that will pay the big bucks for this quality. Time will tell.

photoman76
07-20-2010, 04:38 PM
I don't think this is correct:

"That includes an 18-inch satellite dish that the company estimates will cost around $125 including installation"

I doubt an 18-inch satellite dish will work on AMC 16.

XStreamHDGuy
07-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Hi Photoman76,

You are right. It is not an 18 dish. It is about 25 inches (65 cm). I hope this clarifies.

Have a great weekend!

XStreamHDGuy

SatinKzo
09-19-2010, 09:51 AM
I stopped following stream a while back. Decent review but WHY is this still in beta?

Scott Greczkowski
09-20-2010, 08:28 AM
They had to make some changes to their set top box as it was emiting RF which was causing issues.

K9SAT
09-20-2010, 11:38 AM
They had to make some changes to their set top box as it was emiting RF which was causing issues.

That explains why Xstream never returned my message on facebook on when we would see this in our home!

SatinKzo
09-21-2010, 09:32 AM
That explains why Xstream never returned my message on facebook on when we would see this in our home!

No it doesn't. I'll admit I'm not really following them, but I don't recall anything being released about their delays. They really should make info readily available on the reasons for the delays, especially after the egg-on-face launch delay that was not explained quickly. Maybe I missed some info though along the way.

Also, their website is ridculously unprofessional. I repeatedly get SSL Cert errors on their website, especially on pages requiring info from the customer. When viewing the certificates, they referense nothing about xtreamhd.

QCK
09-27-2010, 05:55 AM
It's been pretty quiet here. An update on the status of this service would be nice...

Reigster at SatelliteGuys