PDA

View Full Version : Tuning adapters and TiVo

coasterFL
07-27-2010, 07:41 PM
I have had 2 installs cancelled at the last minute with a call the morning of the scheduled install. I finally said please don't reschedule until I know that the tuning adapters are in Brighthouse's hands. Now added to a growing list of people who need a tuning adapter for their HD TiVos for the switched digital channels. It has been a month since the start of dealing with customer service trying to get what I need. Took me 4 calls initially to get to someone who heard of a multi-stream card and a tuning adapter. Anyone with inside info know what is going on with the Cisco tuning adapters? I am a Brighthouse Tampa Bay customer.

iceturkee
07-28-2010, 07:26 AM
i had problems trying to get my first one. when i finally found someone at dimhouse who knew what i was talking about the tech couldn't get it to work.

Ispgeek
07-28-2010, 10:07 AM
CoasterFL please check your pm.

Ispgeek
07-30-2010, 11:09 AM
CoasterFL I have sent you another update via PM.

tim tim tim
08-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Regular techs dont carry tuning adapters in our vans. they are so few and far between. Alot of the leads carry them so the techs have access if/when its needed. Worst case if I go to your job today, my lead doesnt have one It would take 1-2 days to get one from the warehouse. They are hit and miss with how easy they set up. I have plugged them in and they worked first try, Others I have had to sit on the phone for 2 hours with the network operations center to get everything going. I havent heard of any issues with ones I have installed once they were up and going though.
Im not too sure how trained on tuning adapters the people on the phones are, most jobs I go to just say "missing channels on cable card" or something similar in the notes and I handle it from there.

I am a tech in tampa area, if you still have questions or need help send me a PM or reply here.

iceturkee
08-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Regular techs dont carry tuning adapters in our vans. they are so few and far between. Alot of the leads carry them so the techs have access if/when its needed. Worst case if I go to your job today, my lead doesnt have one It would take 1-2 days to get one from the warehouse. They are hit and miss with how easy they set up. I have plugged them in and they worked first try, Others I have had to sit on the phone for 2 hours with the network operations center to get everything going. I havent heard of any issues with ones I have installed once they were up and going though.
Im not too sure how trained on tuning adapters the people on the phones are, most jobs I go to just say "missing channels on cable card" or something similar in the notes and I handle it from there.

I am a tech in tampa area, if you still have questions or need help send me a PM or reply here.

i had two installed and i had all of the above problems...what a pain!!

tim tim tim
08-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Unforunatly they deffinatly arent common or easy to deal with. Luckily there are VERY few out there. I might see one a month TOPS

Reigster at SatelliteGuys