View Full Version : DVR record options not honored

Pages : [1] 2

jcarrera
09-07-2010, 02:59 PM
I have Covert Affairs set for CH 39, Record = "New and repeat," air time = "All showings." Right now at 3-4 pm, it is on and not being recorded. Seems to record only one per week.

Thanks for really reliable equipment.

The Insider
09-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Odd I have the SA8300HD and I find myself having to delete shows everyday when USA does one of their marathons which they do alot. If I dont check the DVR for 2-3 days sometimes I can be slammed with burn notice, psych, coveraffairs , royal pains very quickly

jcarrera
09-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Odd I have the SA8300HD and I find myself having to delete shows everyday when USA does one of their marathons which they do alot. If I dont check the DVR for 2-3 days sometimes I can be slammed with burn notice, psych, coveraffairs , royal pains very quickly

Yeah, you have to be careful with programs that have LOTS of reruns--unless you get a box like I have :)
and mine is the SA8300HD too.

tim tim tim
09-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Yeah, you have to be careful with programs that have LOTS of reruns--unless you get a box like I have :)
and mine is the SA8300HD too.
I dont have a good explination of why this happens but your not alone. Generally I change the box out and never hear from them again. The 8300HD are pretty old boxes as it is, I wouldnt be suprised if its messed up.

jcarrera
09-08-2010, 01:35 PM
I dont have a good explination of why this happens but your not alone. Generally I change the box out and never hear from them again. The 8300HD are pretty old boxes as it is, I wouldnt be suprised if its messed up.

The problem with changeout is that the disk is about 40% filled with programs I want to keep.

tim tim tim
09-08-2010, 07:04 PM
burn them onto a disc or something. Thats kind of the only option, unfortunatly.

jcarrera
09-08-2010, 08:18 PM
If I decide to trade it in, what model should I ask for? Large disk size is important.

Should I wait for multiroom to come out, or is that gonna cost an arm and a leg premium?

BTW, how does the signal get from the server DVR to the receiving DVR? Does it use the coax cable or is there a separate IP wire?

tim tim tim
09-09-2010, 06:22 PM
on coax. I guess the easiest way to describe it is like on demand but with the DVR being the server.

I would get a samsung, I dont even know when the multi room is comng

jcarrera
09-09-2010, 07:09 PM
...I would get a samsung...

Interesting. I recently had a Samsung replaced with a Cisco. The Samsung would stop feeding signal to the TV about every two days and have to be unplugged-reboot. It also was aggravatingly slow from channel to channel. The Cisco is the fastest switcher of any I have had.

The tech who replaced it said he had far more Samsung problems than SA--couldn't comment on the Cisco because it has not been out long enough.

tim tim tim
09-09-2010, 08:06 PM
he was on crack and you obviously got a bad box. The samsungs are twice as fast in all aspects, more storage, more reliable ect. The cisco boxes are worse then the old SA boxes. The only reason I still have mine is because i dont want to get stuck with another grey box, all my other stuff is black haha.

There are a few other brighthouse forums you can check and and 99% of people will agree with me.

Reigster at SatelliteGuys