PDA

View Full Version : The Event

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Derwin0
09-21-2010, 06:57 AM
Not a bad start. Was confused at first with the jumping around, but about half way through I was able to piece the parts together.

I'm thinking the VP and the other guy are going to have to explain to the President & Secret Service just why they happened to "disappear" just before the plane headed their way.

KAB
09-21-2010, 07:20 AM
It reminded me a little too much of Flash Forward. Lot's of interesting pieces, but will they ever put them together? I'll give it another shot or two.

WayneG
09-21-2010, 07:54 AM
I agree, not a bad start. The pacing was good. Like you I was a little confused at the beginning but the ending gave you a hint that something big is going on. I'll probably watch a couple more episodes to see if the plot develops well.

I do have a couple of questions for programs like this. While Lost was successful with multiple stories lines in the past, present, and future; other shows have not been successful (at least in the ratings). I'm thinking of Flash Forward and Life On Mars as two examples. What makes NBC think they can be successful with this format especially for broadcast TV which has little patience for a show to find an audience?

Also, while Lost had good ratings for first run showings it did terrible in syndication (though DVD sales were good). So why make another series like Lost? CBS seems to have a good model with most of their programs. Each show stands alone with just a little thread to link them together. Most of their programs have had success in both first run and syndication.

Please don't take me wrong, I hope The Event succeeds, but I was just wondering about these questions.

DJdish
09-21-2010, 09:19 AM
Same here, I didnt like the going back and forth in time, I for one dont like that kind of format and Id rather have a straight time line in any show or movie.

I guess Im still confused as how this guy ended up piloting the plane, I think this show looks kind of promising, I guess time will tell.....

Derwin0
09-21-2010, 09:24 AM
I guess Im still confused as how this guy ended up piloting the plane, I think this show looks kind of promising, I guess time will tell.....He's a pilot for the airline, notice how the co-pilot recognized him. The bad guys probably knocked off the pilot on duty, and the father was on call for the flight. They were able to blackmail him instead of the original pilot on duty.

rockymtnhigh
09-21-2010, 09:24 AM
Not big on the flash back /flash forward stuff, but enjoying it so far. Didn't have my total attention watching it (too many things going on right now), so I will watch it one more time to try to fill in the gaps.

Of course, since this is an NBC show, I expect it will be wasted time, since we'll be lucky if it lasts 13 weeks.

DJdish
09-21-2010, 09:27 AM
He's a pilot for the airline, notice how the co-pilot recognized him. The bad guys probably knocked off the pilot on duty, and the father was on call for the flight. They were able to blackmail him instead of the original pilot on duty.

Thanks for that feedback, now I think I got that part,

Anyone else has the hunch that the plot will involve some kind of "alien" or "weird" factor ?

Derwin0
09-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Anyone else has the hunch that the plot will involve some kind of "alien" or "weird" factor ?
Considering the plane dissapeared into midair, I'm leaning that way too. ;)

Derwin0
09-21-2010, 10:00 AM
What I liked, is how they fooled you into thinking the guy in the black SUV was after the main character, but it turned out he was after the pilot.

DJdish
09-21-2010, 10:06 AM
What I liked, is how they fooled you into thinking the guy in the black SUV was after the main character, but it turned out he was after the pilot.

I agree with you, that was an exciting twist ;)

Reigster at SatelliteGuys