PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite Scary Movie at Halloween ?

Pages : [1] 2

televisionarchives
10-11-2010, 04:55 PM
I have several but the original Salem's Lot from 1979 scared me . I grew up in New England and the town was like the one I lived in at the time. Didn't think much of the later version with Rob Lowe. I also like the movie called Psychomania about a Motorcycle gang . The critics hated Psychomania but it's really scary. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vby7lSQMEn (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vby7lSQMEnY)

teachsac
10-12-2010, 05:29 PM
I love all of the Universal classics: Dracula, Frankenstein, etc. The first Poltergeist, Halloween, and Exorcist are at the top of my list. I also liked Salen's Lot. Don't care for most of the new "horror" stuff.

S~

televisionarchives
10-12-2010, 06:00 PM
I love all of the Universal classics: Dracula, Frankenstein, etc. The first Poltergeist, Halloween, and Exorcist are at the top of my list. I also liked Salen's Lot. Don't care for most of the new "horror" stuff.

S~
Yeah, The Old Universal Movies hold up really well today. Still pretty scary.

dfergie
10-12-2010, 10:32 PM
The classics also, liked the remake of Halloween, but not the new Friday the 13th, had the new Nightmare in my hand to day but put it back...

tigerprowler
10-12-2010, 10:46 PM
I like Scream, the first one was the best. I heard that they are making the fourth one? I thought three was enough. :)

My thing for Halloween is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The show, not the movie. I've been rewatching the seasons on Netflix. I'm working to be on the series finale on Halloween. I miss this show so much. :D

cummingsje
10-13-2010, 10:51 AM
The first four from the Hellraiser franchise are my favorite bar none! I also like an obscure one from the 80's, Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things. I haven't seen it in awhile so I think I'll try to find it somewhere.

dfergie
10-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Have yet to watch H20 (have it archived)... just watched AVP the other day, time to watch the Aliens movies again...

jayn_j
10-13-2010, 10:58 AM
For me, it has to be the original Halloween. Most of the others mentioned are just scary movies, but not halloween themed.

dont24
10-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Original Halloween. Halloween 2 a close 2nd.

BK94541
10-13-2010, 01:02 PM
The FIRST & classics are > Exorcist, Halloween, Texas chain massacre, The Thing, Aliens ,Childern of corn, Friday the 13th, Jaws, when strangers calls, black Xmas, nightmare on Elm Street (such as remake was SUCKED BIG TIME)
Recent ones I liked so far ..first > Saw, Scream , The grudge , Blair witch project , Orphan/2009( The end was unexpected)
Collector (by saw director) & Eden Lake
All these new Horrors crap is all about flashing lights and loud sounds & making it rated PG-13.
P.S..
I watch most of them in october/halloween month every year :)

Reigster at SatelliteGuys