PDA

View Full Version : Florida

Pages : [1] 2 3

BFG
01-28-2005, 03:39 PM
This is the thread to discuss cable companies and HD available on them in Florida.

BFG
01-28-2005, 03:58 PM

korsjs
01-29-2005, 01:56 PM
i have had brighthouse cable for about three weeks. i switched from dish. located in tampa. we get all local in hd except nbc. showtime and hbo hd, inhd 1 and 2 (did not know how good these channels are), hdnet and movies, discovery and espnhd.

the analog channels look like dish locals. the digital channels are better than dish. the hd channels are better than dish. the local hd are right on with ota. i like the guide on dish better. i have the hdpvr (holds 20 hours of hd) and i love it. it is my first dvr. won't go back to satellite without a good one that works. the music channels show a cover of the album, a feature i enjoy. they have a bunch of indemand channels that are really neat.

i got the satellite to cable deal for one year. all channels for around 55 including the dvr. the movie channels go away after 6 months. the hd pak is 5 dollars.

LonghornXP
02-14-2005, 10:28 PM
It seems that users wired up with BHN using a QAM tuner and now getting and tuning in NBC HD on channel 608 via their QAM tuner but as of yet BHN HD boxes don't see this new channel but the channel is currently QAM and free to air and was never there before. Sorry to say I don't know anyone at WFLA but just spreading the word that it seems that is very very close to being done and available to BHN cable users in the Tampa Bay Area.

korsjs
03-05-2005, 05:26 PM
longhorn, i just came here to ask the question about nbc and when brighthouse tampa would get it and why (dispute) they don't have it now. i am not sure what you are saying with the qam tuner, but i have the scientific atlantic 8300 which i believe has two qam tuners. are you saying there might be some way for me to pick up nbc now with the 8300?, before they actually add it?

LonghornXP
03-06-2005, 01:54 PM
longhorn, i just came here to ask the question about nbc and when brighthouse tampa would get it and why (dispute) they don't have it now. i am not sure what you are saying with the qam tuner, but i have the scientific atlantic 8300 which i believe has two qam tuners. are you saying there might be some way for me to pick up nbc now with the 8300?, before they actually add it?

You can't pick it up even when they had it because BHN can block it from their boxes but they can't block it from an HDTV set because it isn't two way like their boxes. Now with that said it seems its been cut off and is scrambled now so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon now. I'm not getting my hopes up for NBC HD because I know what type of company Media General is and who they have in charge and lets just say they are stupid as they come and they won't give in until the other gives in or they start losing money. Now I think they are losing money but their books won't show this the way I see it.

To give another example the St. Pete Times I know is having major problems even since they made their carriers independent contractors when they were employees before. How do I know this. One reason my paper for my first three years with this company was never missed and always dry and ever since I'm lucky if I get it at all and when I do its either wet or late as hell. It seems in the last 6 months its been worse. Knowing business they think this system will save them money in the long run and just seeing my area having so many problems makes me believe that they are being hurt more than they saved. But again their books can't show this for many years but I know they are having problems. I also think I've had 4 different people delivering my paper in the last year as well. So it seems turnover must be high.

korsjs
03-06-2005, 04:28 PM
thanks for your answer. i am hoping they will add it before nbc takes over nascar. so basically it's a money thing between them and brighthouse.

have you tried the tribune? when there is a chance of rain, they double bag it and mine has always been there by 630 when i leave for work.

LonghornXP
03-06-2005, 09:33 PM
thanks for your answer. i am hoping they will add it before nbc takes over nascar. so basically it's a money thing between them and brighthouse.

have you tried the tribune? when there is a chance of rain, they double bag it and mine has always been there by 630 when i leave for work.

The Tampa Tribune is the worst POS paper I've ever read. The paper itself isn't as wide and they use bad paper and ink and it shows. Also the writers aren't very good so besides that both papers have the national news. But I will say your lucky to have a good person because in my area our delivery sucks. Now I don't feel like walking half a mile to get my paper so I've always asked for it to be thrown towards my door. I have a big circle driveway so they just drive up there in and out and I've always tipped 200 bucks every year but it seems that isn't enough anymore to get good service.

BFG
03-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Didn't the tribune also print the article about the Lightning losing the stanely cup...

LonghornXP
03-07-2005, 10:04 AM
Didn't the tribune also print the article about the Lightning losing the stanely cup...

Yup thats the company. The Tampa Tribune is also owned by Media General which as you might know is the same company that owns our local NBC station.

Reigster at SatelliteGuys