View Full Version : Sony apologises for online data breach

Pages : [1] 2 3

Poke
05-01-2011, 11:01 PM
FT.com / Technology - Sony apologises for online data breach (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/05a900e0-73d9-11e0-b788-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1LAFW2tEE)

riffjim4069
05-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Just as long as Sony adequately compensates customers for not using due-care and due-diligence in the handing of PII and PCI...then I'm happy.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

lakebum431
05-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Fat chance. I don't think their idea of adequate compensation is in alignment with most of ours.

televisionarchives
05-05-2011, 04:05 PM
They have to do this of course , but they won't lose many customers. The PS3 is one of the best gaming systems around . Best Blu ray player as well. The disc are tough and hard to scratch.

riffjim4069
05-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Fat chance. I don't think their idea of adequate compensation is in alignment with most of ours.Fat chance is right, but I expect to see a class-action and perhaps other fines and sanctions. IF Sony were wise, they would be mailing three free game vouchers for each customer with a PS3. That would be twelve games for me.

diogen
05-05-2011, 05:59 PM
They will blame Anonymous, Hotz and other terrorists.
They would blame Osama but he's dead...

Diogen.

televisionarchives
05-05-2011, 07:53 PM

Diogen.

Wow. It's hard to take you seriously now after this post.

stone phillips420
05-05-2011, 08:04 PM
he is right

rumor not my post found elsewhere

Osama Bin Laden was a avid ps3 gamer. I used to hit him up all the time on Cod and Socom, apparently that was his daily practice for using a weapon. Unfortunately with a latest security breach on PSN, hackers were able to gain access to delicate information, like Osama's credit card information. The information was turned over to the government, and the FBI and CIA went on a manhunt. Osama being very frustrated with over a week without some sort of FPS practice over PSN, was therefore unable to successfully defend himself from the government raid. Reports indicate that Osama fired over 99 rounds hitting not a single target, a testament to how a week without practice can make anyone rusty. This is the inside scoop from me, a daily gamer with Osama, you heard it here first.

riffjim4069
05-06-2011, 06:26 AM

Diogen.

They can blame anyone they wish, but they remain ultimately responsible for the safekeeping of our information. Besides, it's the "law of the deepest pockets" and Sony has a few dollars in the bank. This security and privacy breach is going to cost Sony some serious money when all is said and done.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

diogen
05-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Besides, it's the "law of the deepest pockets" and Sony has a few dollars in the bank.Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see how this plays out...
In the meantime here is the most recent "law of the deepest pockets" case and what it turned into
Dealpolitik: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Class Actions - Deal Journal - WSJ (http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2011/03/24/dealpolitik-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-of-class-actions/)

As part of a December 2010 settlement agreement, NVIDIA agreed to provide all owners of laptops containing a defective NVIDIA GPU with a laptop
of similar kind and value. In February, NVIDIA announced that a $279 single-core Compaq CQ56 would be provided as a replacement to all laptops ...

I'd postulate another law of class-action: unless you are the litigation lawyer (from either side) - you lose! Especially with the most "caring" companies like Sony...

Diogen.

Reigster at SatelliteGuys