PDA

View Full Version : Freezes on pressing "Capture"

J_R
05-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Hi,

OK, Have a wee problem with DishPointer Pro.

Picture 'Freezes' and am offered the option to force close.

I thought I had it solved when I removed the 'Satellite Names" option. Took a few sample shots, emailed them worked three or four times but then it 'froze' again.

Another problem sometimes the satellites are not displayed on the captured screen. (Are always displayed when the satellites are 'named'.

Using a HTC Desire HD, version 2.2

Two other apps I have installed which use satellites and therefore perhaps interfere with the satellite finder are SpeedView Pro and Phone Track Milage.

Any ideas

AlanSH
05-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Can you please try limiting the number of sats which are selected only to those of interest and have the satellites not named. See if that helps. Somehow there is an intermittent problem which I am not able to reproduce, sometimes the screen capture works and sometimes not. Wondering if the phone is running out of memory.

As for the other problem that the satellites are not displayed on the caputured screen: You are probably moving the phone too fast after pressing the capture button. You need to hold the phone steady all the way through till the picture appears on the screen. This is because the app takes an actual picture and then draws on that picture.

I don't think the other apps interfere.

J_R
05-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Hi AlanSH,

Yes, think it is a phone memory fault. After 'reset' it works fine first few times then freezes. Perhaps the Gingerbread update will rectify

Reigster at SatelliteGuys