PDA

View Full Version : Got the $77 deal

Pages : [1] 2

ScooterS
06-28-2011, 09:12 PM
I got the Sirius $77 deal.
Called and told them I wanted to cancel due to high cost.
Got immediately transferred to customer retention.
They offered me the $77 deal for 1 year. (half price).
I took it.
Other than wasting about 20 minutes to go through the process, it was painless.

I already have the same deal on the Sirius rig in the car.

StevenD
06-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Ive been a customer since 2004. I called up today and all they would offer me was $25 for 5 months (+ royalty fees + streaming fees + taxes + whatevertheyfeellikethisweek) per radio (I have two). That doesn't really save much, and I would have to call in again in 5 months and go through the whole mess again. They wouldn't do anything else, so I asked them to cancel. I was surprised they let me cancel so easily. I will be curious to see what they send me in the mail to re-activate.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind paying full price if the service was still the way it was before the merger. The have totally messed up the channel lineup, Howard is only on three days a week and the final straw for me was them breaking third-party streaming apps on last week. I was using SiriusXMStreamer on a server at home and accessing from computers in my house and at work and on my cell. Having to use their crappy player that times out every hour, then makes you log in again on a disconnect really pissed me off. I ordered an iPod/aux kit for my truck so I'm sure by next week I wont even miss it.

tripod
07-12-2011, 09:25 AM
For 6 years I've been paying by the month,called and asked why I couldnt get $77 deal.The csr said I could,so I did. I have a 2nd set that I pay quarterly.

azgreg
07-12-2011, 09:38 AM
The 3rd party apps are functional again.

DSpud
07-19-2011, 08:56 PM
I always get the 77 dollar deal (90 after all the extra charges). Just let my radio expire, listen to terrestrial radio or Pandora for a couple days, they call and email begging me back with the deal, and re up for another year.

azgreg
07-20-2011, 03:53 PM
I cancelled two radios today. I've always gotten a deal when cancelling. The best they had to offer was half-price for 6 months. I passed. I think it is time to move along. The technology was fun, but the programming has become extremely stale. I still have Sirius in my van on a factory radio. It is combined with headphones for the backseat listeners and I got the $77 deal for that a few months ago. I think that is the price I am willing to pay on an annual basis. Any more, and I am gone from Sirius as well.

StevenD
07-20-2011, 04:27 PM
The sent me a letter yesterday to re-activate for $25 for 5 months (plus all the BS additional fees). I canceled over three weeks ago and I don't miss it. I considered getting a single internet only account, now that the third party apps are working again, but I decided against it for now.

sethwell
07-21-2011, 03:13 AM
Well i tried today. No go for me, the best they did was the 5 for $25. plus i got a horrible CSR, she told me twice that the 5 for $25 deal would have the best of sirius with it but no Howard100. i'll call again tomorrow and see if they can work it out. i just hope that come friday when my old quarterly plan is suppose to be drawn that it doesn't.

hayesjd
07-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Is the $77 deal available for XM? Which package can you get for this price?

jadiff
07-26-2011, 08:39 AM
The 5 for $25 deal is cheaper than the $77 deal. You just have to do it every 5 months. I think I may try for the $25 deal next time.

Reigster at SatelliteGuys