PDA

View Full Version : Report: 3d Movies Boost Headaches, Not Enjoyment

Pages : [1] 2 3

Scott Greczkowski
08-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Just saw this, and while I am a fan of 3D I can also believe what is being reported since I have suffered the side effect at times too.

3-D Movies Boost Headaches, Not Enjoyment - FoxNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/08/08/3-d-movies-boost-headaches-not-enjoyment/)

teachsac
08-08-2011, 03:56 PM
My friend, who suffers migraines, and I went and saw Bayformers 3 last week, and he didn't get a headache. I don't get headaches watching 3D. My dad learned to take his regular glasses off while watching 3D and he doesn't get headaches anymore while watching.

S~

dfergie
08-08-2011, 03:58 PM
No problems here either... one thing for non glasses wearers, make sure the ear pieces are not too tight as that can cause headaches...

teachsac
08-08-2011, 04:23 PM
I'm more apt to get a headache staring at a computer screen (like now).

S~

tigerfan33
08-08-2011, 09:32 PM
I have more problem with dim picture than headaches.:(

mike123abc
08-09-2011, 01:50 PM
I prefer 2D to 3D for most films because they have a brighter picture and the color is better in 2D.

Ghpr13
08-09-2011, 02:09 PM
I'm not a big fan of 3D, but when reading that article, the 3 films they used to test on; "Alice in Wonderland," "Clash of the Titans" or "How to Train Your Dragon." were not the best 3D films to use. They should have done A/B testing with "Avatar". I truly felt "immersed" in the forest all around me...and those little floaty things made my head move a number of times to get out of it's way!
Ghpr13:)

dfergie
08-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Alice and Clash were converted to 3D (Alice is not bad, haven't seen Clash) that makes a Big difference.

gadgtfreek
08-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Im a migraine sufferer, and I agree that staring at a PC monitor for 5-6 hours a day is worse than watching 3D. My wife does not get headaches, it actually makes her eyes get red and start watering. 2D vs 3D, could care less. It might live, but I still think it stays niche. Lotta folks get wound up for it, then when you watch it and realize there are tradeoffs, the luster can wear off.

Steve Mehs
08-09-2011, 06:06 PM
What’s a headache? Seriously, in my 26 years on earth, if I’ve had more than a half a dozen headaches in my life, that’s a lot. I just don’t get them, never have. Last one I got was maybe 10 years ago. I’m extremely near sighted, with astigmatism in my left eye and have no problems with the 3D images produced on my TV, laptop or cell phone. I’m extremely proud to be part of the third dimension of digital video entertainment, even though everyone wants the technology to fail. And I can't say I have an issue with wearing the 3D glasses on top of my own prescription glasses.

Reigster at SatelliteGuys