PDA

View Full Version : BBC Radio 1 Being Removed from SIRIUS/XM

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Scott Greczkowski
08-08-2011, 09:15 PM
You heard it here first (err maybe not...) at SatelliteGuys.US... it appears that Sirius XM will be getting rid of BBC Radio 1 and replacing it with a new channel called Studio 54.

This change is set to happen on August 15th.

(I should note it appears we were not the first to report the news... Looks like the news was reported on Sunday Night on XMFan.COM in their Dance forum... I checked XMFan before posting the news here last night but only checked in the programming forum, not the dance forum. So XMFan.COM reported it first. If you haven't checked out XMFan.COM check it out today, its a cool forum and I am on it a lot. :D)

isaacmorseMI
08-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Any idea what format Studio 54 will be?

Scott Greczkowski
08-08-2011, 09:20 PM
No idea, but if I had to guess I would say DISCO!

HIFI
08-08-2011, 09:21 PM
No idea, but if I had to guess I would say DISCO!:eek::facepalm

isaacmorseMI
08-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Maybe it's just The Strobe reborn with a different name. I guess we'll have to wait until August 15th to find out. :D

DodgerKing
08-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Any idea what format Studio 54 will be?The better question is, what is BBC radio?

yaz96
08-08-2011, 10:29 PM
This sucks! It was very cool to listen to the live broadcast from London, especially the music.

When will Sirius just die?

isaacmorseMI
08-08-2011, 10:44 PM
This sucks! It was very cool to listen to the live broadcast from London, especially the music.

When will Sirius just die?

You can always listen online.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

DodgerKing
08-08-2011, 10:52 PM
You can always listen online.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys AppWhich is one reason why they probably got rid of it.

I do agree with the general consensus. Since Sirius bought XM both have gone downhill, XM more so. Stations being removed, XM stations being replaced by poorer quality Sirius stations, music library diminishing from those stations that were kept, more DJ chatter (XM had no DJs at all on most stations), removal of ground repeaters (worse reception and affects XM more), poorer quality equipment, additional charges (on-line listening used to be free and included with a subscription), and price increases

juan
08-09-2011, 07:25 AM
Which is one reason why they probably got rid of it.

I do agree with the general consensus. Since Sirius bought XM both have gone downhill, XM more so. Stations being removed, XM stations being replaced by poorer quality Sirius stations, music library diminishing from those stations that were kept, more DJ chatter (XM had no DJs at all on most stations), removal of ground repeaters (worse reception and affects XM more), poorer quality equipment, additional charges (on-line listening used to be free and included with a subscription), and price increases funny I remember XM having commercials ( for a bit) and Sirius running DJ free but I do agree with the rest of your comments

Reigster at SatelliteGuys