PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Additional Radios in January?

mika911
09-07-2011, 10:42 AM
A lot of news articles seem to suggest the standard package will be $19.99 come January that will include Internet fees too.

However, I am on a lifetime plan with primary radio. My only real concern is how much my additional radios are going to increase each month? I have two of them at this time.

Has there been any information on what the additional radio fee will be? That will help many of us make a decision on if we would like to purchase a 2 or 3 year deal to lock in the $8.99 or whatever it currently goes at.

harshness
09-07-2011, 10:45 AM
I wouldn't be looking for a rate increase (or an announcement thereof) until after the holidays. Doing it earlier would be a bad business move.

Rangers484
09-07-2011, 04:38 PM
If they go up in price above their current levels to any extent they are all but assuring bankruptcy. No one in their right mind will pay $20/mo for the crap product they are currently putting out.

It's time for the justice department to bust them apart as a monopoly with someone clearly telling the FCC "I told ya so"

CubsWin
09-12-2011, 03:01 PM
A lot of news articles seem to suggest the standard package will be $19.99 come January that will include Internet fees too.
Yikes! I love my XM, even in its current format, but $20/month would be pretty hard to justify. That is almost a 50% rate increase and I have to think they will lose a lot of subscribers if they make that jump.

Neutron
09-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Wouldn't they also offer a $15/month plan for basic service?

Scott Greczkowski
09-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Saw yesterday that the price is going up $2 a month in Jnauary. :(

I wouldn't mind paying it if the service was like it used to be.

nrholland
09-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Does anyone have any idea what the news channels will be? I know some of them will be spanish. Wil they be adding anymore Canadian channels? They need stream of CBC News Network or CTV News Channel.

mikew
09-15-2011, 11:04 AM
It will be interesting to see what type of retention deals they will have to offer. I've been doing $77/year for a few years and won't pay more than that in the future.

nrholland
09-15-2011, 12:42 PM
It will be interesting to see what type of retention deals they will have to offer. I've been doing $77/year for a few years and won't pay more than that in the future.

What do you get for $77 a year? I pay $23 a month for two radios ala carte. How can get in on that deal?

Reigster at SatelliteGuys