View Full Version : My rant for today. Why does CBS even bother publishing a schedule?

Pepper
09-16-2011, 08:56 AM
It's gotten to the point I don't even want to try to watch anything on CBS anymore. They have a schedule but it's apparently not based on anything form of reality. I know on the weekends it's mandatory to pad the timer by an hour if I want to record something because of sports events that always run long. Even an hour is sometimes not enough.

What was going on Monday night, to cause Hawaii Five-O to start 40 minutes late? Of course I forgot to pad the timer.

I wish they would more realistically schedule the sports, give it, oh, another hour. On the rare occasion something ends a bit early, just let them do the post-game commentary a few more minutes, or pad it with previews of upcoming shows, or throw in a clip from 60 Minutes or something. At least that way stuff could start on time.

mogera
09-16-2011, 08:59 AM
It's gotten to the point I don't even want to try to watch anything on CBS anymore. They have a schedule but it's apparently not based on anything real like a clock. I know on the weekends it's mandatory to pad the timer by an hour if I want to record something because of sports events that always run long. Even then it's sometimes not enough.

What was going on Monday night, to cause Hawaii Five-O to start 40 minutes late? Of course I forgot to pad the timer.The U.S Open Men's Final tennis match.

juan
09-16-2011, 09:07 AM
gee its been like that 40 or so years now

Iceberg
09-16-2011, 10:07 AM
but Monday was unique because of all the rain they had in NY which kept delaying the tennis games.
Normally Sunday was the mens final

Pepper
09-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah, I'm used to them never being on time on Sunday. Monday was a surprise.

teachsac
09-16-2011, 05:10 PM
No problem on the left coast.

S~

rockymtnhigh
09-16-2011, 09:45 PM
No problem on the left coast.

S~

Well yeah, that three hour difference compensated for it.

Reigster at SatelliteGuys