PDA

View Full Version : bell 9241 questions for 2 tvs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Mikey11
09-24-2011, 08:47 AM
can i hookup two tvs with this reciever?

i have this receiver in my living room and want to hookup a second tv in my bedroom....how would i go about doing this?....do i just need an rg6 from the receiver to the bedroom tv?....or do i need an HDMI cable?....can i view different programs on each tv at the same time?

RoddyCharles
09-25-2011, 10:39 AM
This is a good question as I have the same situation here in North Fort Myers Florida?

peano
09-26-2011, 04:15 AM
The 9241 does not have TV2 out. It is the same as the Dish ViP612 except Bell removes the OTA tuner too. You would have to watch the same thing on both TVs - via HDMI or component.

Mikey11
09-26-2011, 08:43 AM
The 9241 does not have TV2 out. It is the same as the Dish ViP612 except Bell removes the OTA tuner too. You would have to watch the same thing on both TVs - via HDMI or component.

thank you.....

can you explain this then for me?.....when bell installed this receiver they run TWO rg6 cables to the receiver....both cables go to the dish.....at the dish there are two seperate SW21 switches....each switch has a wire going to 91, and 82, lnbs....

my question is....why does this receiver need the two cables?....or does it?

i want to hookup a second receiver in an upstairs bedroom....can i disconnect one of these wires and use it to feed the upstairs bedroom receiver?.....or do i need to leave this as it is?.....if i leave it as it is i guess i would then need to install a sw44 in place of the two sw21s???

peano
09-26-2011, 08:45 AM
It needs two cables because it has two tuners. Buy a DPP Twin LNB on ebay with a seperator and you can run one line to it. Bell is still using 1996 switches.

Iceberg
09-26-2011, 08:45 AM
The receiver has two tuners in it so you can record one show and watch another or record two shows at once. It only has one output. You can hook up multiple TV's but they all get the same output
The 9242 (I think) has two separate outputs so you can watch two different programs on two TV's at the same time

Iceberg
09-26-2011, 08:47 AM
It needs two cables because it has two tuners. Buy a DPP Twin LNB on ebay with a seperator and you can run one line to it. Bell is still using 1996 switches.

agreed
If you get the DPP Twin then the 9241 only needs one cable to it. Put the separator behind the receievr t "split" the signal to the two tuners then you have room for another receiver without needing archaic switches

Mikey11
09-26-2011, 09:01 AM
thanks....im still not quite understanding....

the dpp twin has a built in switch right?.....but doesnt that mean the 9241 still needs two cables?

Mikey11
09-26-2011, 09:02 AM
can the dpp twin run 3 receivers?....so two lines to the 9241 and one line to my other receiver?

Iceberg
09-26-2011, 09:07 AM
DishProPLus allows you to only need one line for a dual tuner reciever so you can run two receivers off of it...regardless of tuners

If its a dual tuner unit, you use a "separator" (not splitter.....it clearly says separator on it) and that gets hooked on the back of the receiver

Reigster at SatelliteGuys