PDA

View Full Version : Turning off TV2 after Remote Access?

glowrdr
10-10-2011, 11:42 PM
I've seen some older threads on this, but nothing that had an acceptable answer. Is there a way to turn off TV2 without physically having the remote? I currently have TV2 hooked up to a little 19" TV that actually just sits on top of my AVR in the basement (sold my 55", got the 19 for free with my other TV purchase)

I don't have any real reason for this question - but I'd like to shut off the blinding blue light on the front of my receiver if possible. I tried via the RA app, but no luck. ANybody have any good ideas? I'm assuming it will at least time out like TV1 will do after inactivity?

I guess that's what I get for playing with my iPhone on the can. lol - thought I was being clever watching the game.

sethwell
10-11-2011, 10:44 AM

DishSubLA
10-15-2011, 01:25 AM
You cold just cover-up the "blinding blue light." Just don't do anything permanent or damaging, or upon return Dish will charge you the full retail price of the 922. A lot of people cover-up objectionable lights, but I'm not one of them. I LOVE and NEED as many indication lights as possible. So, others can chime in with there favorite solutions for "blinding lights."

glowrdr
10-15-2011, 02:41 PM
I actually use magnets to cover up some of the lights on my KVM switch that I use in my upstairs office. Don't get me wrong - I love me some lights. But I find nothing more obtrusive than a raw blue LED light. I think it's just the color spectrum of it or something? The green/yellow/red ones don't bug me - just the blue. ANd I've got a Belkin PF60 with something like a 2x3 inch blue display that doesn't bother me either. But I guess that's more indiglo rather than blazing blue light (blazing as in it actually shines on the wall on the other side of the room like a little blue spotlight)

Reigster at SatelliteGuys