PDA

View Full Version : Does Charter still have a package that only includes local channels?

Pages : [1] 2

kovach
10-26-2011, 10:16 PM
And does that include the local RSN? And is it HD?

Umatter2Charter
11-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Good morning,

We definitely have basic packages available that include locals only. To access HD you will either need a tv with a QAM tuner or a STB. I'm assuming by RSN you're referring to the regional sports network. These are generally carried on the expanded basic package. Was there anything else that we can assist with today?

Umatter2Charter
11-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Good afternoon,

I just wanted to follow up to see if you had any other questions that we can assist with. Please let us know.

TheTechGuru
04-21-2012, 01:50 PM
If you have internet only from Charter, just split the line to your cable modem and scan it for open QAM. In most markets you will get all of the local channels in HD but no analog at all. (Same stuff you'd get with a OTA antenna).

chad948
02-10-2013, 03:23 AM
I just called up a Charter rep and he said they no longer offer local only packages because of the transition to digital. Is this accurate?

TheTechGuru
02-10-2013, 04:47 AM
I just called up a Charter rep and he said they no longer offer local only packages because of the transition to digital. Is this accurate?

Most cable companies offer a "lifeline" plan.

Do you current have internet though Charter? If so, split your cable modem line and scan it for QAM, you might have free digital locals depending on your market.

chad948
02-10-2013, 05:50 AM
Yes, I'm currently an internet only customer. I'll try that out, thanks.

NotMe546
02-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Most cable companies offer a "lifeline" plan.

Do you current have internet though Charter? If so, split your cable modem line and scan it for QAM, you might have free digital locals depending on your market.You may have to take off a filter for that to work.

TheTechGuru
02-10-2013, 09:31 AM
You may have to take off a filter for that to work.

Not in the market I was in. No analog cable came though but unencrypted QAM channels did. It all depends on the area's bandplan and the ranges of the traps they use.

Iceberg
02-10-2013, 01:49 PM

depends on the market but yes lifeline is still available
My buddy checked with the local Charter location (Fergus Falls, MN) and yeah for $25 a month and a $20 activation fee they can.

If they switch to all digital you would need a DTA (think OTA converter box but for cable...and dumber...no guide)

Reigster at SatelliteGuys