View Full Version : iPhone authorized computers

Pages : [1] 2

navychop
11-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Under Account Information in iTunes, I see Apple thinks I have 5 computers authorized. I can think of 3. Is there any way to get a list of the authorized computers so I can selectively deauthorize? I only see "deauthorize all."

stimpson
11-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Good question. No way that I know of. I would deauthorize all. Keep in mind you can only use that function once a year. Then reauthorize the one you primarily use as well as any others you are using through home share.HTH.

DodgerKing
11-01-2011, 04:28 PM
I had this issue as well. I would authorize a computer and then reimage the harddrive and have to authorize it again after forgotten to deauthorize it before reformatting. iTunes would count the same computer. I ended up with 5 authorized computers even though I technically only had two. I had to deauthorize all of them and then reauthorize the two I was currently using

navychop
11-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Hmmm. That tune sounds familiar, considering my computer problems.

Edit: I went ahead and deauthorized all. Now have just one authorized.

Really seems like quite a drawback, having to do all. And not at all what I would call "insanely great." The emperor has very few clothes on.

stimpson
11-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Only allowing 5 computers to be authorized may be some kind of copy right issue. It could be Apple doesn't want Lars Ulrich on their case!!!!! ;):)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

SatelliteGAL
11-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Glad someone brought this up. I'm doing the same. I have a new laptop coming. I bet I have 5 because I never deauthorize.

navychop
11-01-2011, 08:11 PM
I think Apple should show you the names of the authorized computers and allow singly to deauthorize.

SatelliteGAL
11-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Or if you reformat but name your computer the same it should not count it as a new computer.

stimpson
11-02-2011, 06:33 AM
Or if you reformat but name your computer the same it should not count it as a new computer.

You would think that, but it has been proven that even upgrading/changing RAM has caused some folks the reauthorize a machine.

mike123abc
11-02-2011, 04:16 PM
I believe you can deauthorize all once a year without having to contact Apple. I have only done it one time when I hit the 5 limit, but it was reinstalls that bumpped up the count.

Reigster at SatelliteGuys