View Full Version : Flash Battle OVER! Apple wins Adobe loses.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Don Landis
11-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Adobe has announced it will end its development of Flash for mobile devices and plans to concentrate future efforts on HTML5.

rockymtnhigh
11-10-2011, 10:59 AM
And one of the big advertising claims of Android will also go by the wayside.

ckhalil18
11-10-2011, 07:31 PM
HTML5 is better anyway. Adobe flash just takes too much computer resources. Every time I'm on a website that uses flash, the fans on my computer just start blasting. With HTML5, I don't have to deal with that.

Rey
11-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Good.I think even android will benefit from this since flash is power hungry.and so will my iPad :D

Jimbo
11-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Is this the reason the "Watch ESPN" app doesn't want to work ?
It always tries to download "Adobe Air" and never does, or is this something entirely different ?

isaacmorseMI
11-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Is this the reason the "Watch ESPN" app doesn't want to work ?
It always tries to download "Adobe Air" and never does, or is this something entirely different ?

Air is a completly different platform and is not going away. Apps like TweetDeck for PC, Mac, etc. run on it.

http://www.adobe.com/products/air.html

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

Hall
11-11-2011, 02:56 PM
And one of the big advertising claims of Android will also go by the wayside. Huh ?

The Insider
11-11-2011, 04:29 PM
not sure how apple won? They still do not offer its customers a web feature that has been around for years and still the bulk of websites use. HTML5 will not be the norm on many sites for a good time to go. So again how Apple fanboys can see this as a win I do not know?

I guess a "Hey guys we stuck around long enough without a feature until technology changed! yay us!" When in fact even Adobe said they were moving to HTML5 over a year ago...

The Insider
11-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Huh ?

Ya I really dont understand that either. I mean its not like Flash is just going away... hundreds of thousands of sites will still be using it for a long time to come if history is any judge to how quickly the web changes.

rockymtnhigh
11-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Huh ?

For more than a year Android/Google/Carriers have pushed that only on Android can you have access to Flash sites and video. As Adobe stops further development of the platform, that push will go away.

Reigster at SatelliteGuys