PDA

View Full Version : WildBlue ViaSat1 the real scoop

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Chris Conant WildBlue
11-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Hey gang, im new to this forum. I am a WildBlue rep for 5 states in the Midwest. Before we start down this path my disclaimer would be there a lot of information i can provide and some i can not and will not be able to.So, here we go,
ViaSat1 is up and from what i hear its flawless so far. It wont cover the entire US but rather 60-65ish% of the total household-count in the US.
Viasat1 capacity is in excess of 140GPS and matches capacity of all satellites over the US combined today..
ViaSat1 is only half the battle as our patented intelligent software that resides in the brand new gateways and modems are the other half of the battle creating a fiber-like browsing experience
WildBlue is looking at a very Large 2012 and is in need of new dealers and installers. Remember the local launches in your local area's for PayTV??? this is what can be expected in 2012 if you prepare now. I like to call it a nest egg maker for the Dealer or installer that wants to Focus and work it!
Installers will need to be certified and that starts here wildbluedotcomforwardslashtraining
In VS1 coverage you can expect 10 times the speed. (disclaimer - subject to change)
With the speeds coming early 2012 this will double the customers you will be able to sell to. Unserved and under-served US (underserved= slow DSL/Cable/WISP -> lots of this out there.
So this is a start. What questions do you have for me? (i wont be able to publicly state pricing yet)

dewzan
11-12-2011, 11:46 AM
At what PRICE? I already pay $50 /mo. for too little bandwidth and at a speed... well it's better than dial-up.

Chris Conant WildBlue
11-12-2011, 11:50 AM
At what PRICE? I already pay $50 /mo. for too little bandwidth and at a speed... well it's better than dial-up.

Gee's, -> from above (i wont be able to publicly state pricing yet)

stardust3
11-12-2011, 12:06 PM
What about bandwidth. The rumors I've heard say everyone is going to get the same speed and just pay for their allotted usage. Also will this be available for NE TN, SW VA & western NC?
I might be interested in the installing part of it, but want nothing to do with the dealer side of it. Installing for Hughesnet currently doing fulfillment. Wildblue certification expired a couple of years ago. What's it take to get it back?

stardust3
11-12-2011, 12:12 PM
The retailer I work through doing D* & E* might possibly be interested in becoming a dealer. It will depend on several things. Feel free to pm me.

bmann
11-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Say when will you have it for Ohio and Kentucky

dewzan
11-12-2011, 12:23 PM
IF it is at or near the same price and they would AT LEAST double the the 7500mb limit i,d be all for it. But I live in a hilly area of rural eastern Iowa and even the wireless rural internet is directed toward the towns not the rural area's. Cable and DSL executives talk of millions of dollars in bonuses and in the same breath say they can't afford to expand into rural area's. then satellite internet companies, knowing that most of these people don't have access to anything else, take the opportunity to...well maximize profit. And most don't care who they take advantage of.

Chris Conant WildBlue
11-12-2011, 12:24 PM
What about bandwidth. The rumors I've heard say everyone is going to get the same speed and just pay for their allotted usage. Also will this be available for NE TN, SW VA & western NC?
I might be interested in the installing part of it, but want nothing to do with the dealer side of it. Installing for Hughesnet currently doing fulfillment. Wildblue certification expired a couple of years ago. What's it take to get it back?

Good Question Stardust3. Yes, its all the same speed but usage will be in the range of 7.5G-25G with instant options of buying more in a one time basis or reoccurring. Also for the dealer we are eventually going to have an easy way to figure customer needs with a tool that you plug in usage habits and it picks one of the 3 different data allowance packages for you. (we are speaking of our own dealer program not Dish or DirecTV)
ViaSat1 will cover some but not much of NE. No worries as we are about to crank up the speeds of Anik and WB1 due to a major upgrade to Surfbeam 2. All of US will be requiting the use of Surfbeam 2 hardware. Areas not covered by VS1 and are Anik and WB1 will be called legacy. all of the rest of your area's are 100% covered by VS1...
Training: I fully understand the issues of the past and many or in some cases most have blown off the installer re-certifications. You will have to go through all of it once again. 4-6 hours of online and then a hands on class.

WB certified installers are going to be in great demand and its going to be a bottleneck for the hands on classes. I currently have multiple HNS subs doing the online modules. Whats you situation? Are you a part of a larger fulfillment company?

Chris Conant WildBlue
11-12-2011, 12:29 PM
IF it is at or near the same price and they would AT LEAST double the the 7500mb limit i,d be all for it. But I live in a hilly area of rural eastern Iowa and even the wireless rural internet is directed toward the towns not the rural area's. Cable and DSL executives talk of millions of dollars in bonuses and in the same breath say they can't afford to expand into rural area's. then satellite internet companies, knowing that most of these people don't have access to anything else, take the opportunity to...well maximize profit. And most don't care who they take advantage of.

Iowa is my state! Are you a customer? either way. once we announce or distribute the package material you will be amazed!

Chris Conant WildBlue
11-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Say when will you have it for Ohio and Kentucky

Feb is first roll out of services. All spot beams will be very quick depending on how engineering decides to implement.. Spring is King! LOL Ohio may be the first!

Reigster at SatelliteGuys