PDA

View Full Version : 922 WTF

sA :: Shaggy
11-27-2011, 05:10 PM
So watching tv last night all was ok, watched lots of pre recorded shows. checked timers all was fine.

Today I now Have no recordings and no timers.

My question is WTF just happened. Was there a software update?

It seems like the HDD is working fine, it seems like it did a factory reset and deleted EVERYTHING.

356B
11-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Did you push the red button on the front of the unit....and or pull the plug for 30 seconds. I suspect the stuff is still there.
Lately there has been some anomalies, and I also suspect they originate at Dish TV.:rolleyes:

11-28-2011, 03:08 PM
unplugged it for 30 min, plugged in, reset. unplugged. no can do.... So I have recordings going non stop to get my movies back.

356B
11-28-2011, 04:21 PM
unplugged it for 30 min, plugged in, reset. unplugged. no can do.... So I have recordings going non stop to get my movies back. Did you try the "system wizard"?

11-28-2011, 05:05 PM
For the timers? I did the restore but that only brought back the timers from when I backed it up last time. As for the recordings themselves those seem to be long gone.

356B
11-28-2011, 07:33 PM
This is odd, have you contact one of the Dish reps? I would do that, they are very responsive and really try to help. Recently my dish was hit by a tree, I thought I lost everything because when repairs were made and the guide menu reloaded my stuff (timers, schedules and recordings were gone. After nearly an hour everything returned, no loss of anything. I still believe your recordings are somewhere in the system, yet I suppose random deletions are possible...... contact a Dish rep. Ray C@DISH Network has been helpful for me.

Tmmgmc
11-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Had the same problem with my 922. Hard reset didn't work but did find after turning system off and plugged in all dvr info restored 30 minutes later.

JEFFinINDY
11-28-2011, 08:23 PM
This has happened a few times for me. Each time it restored itself after the overnight reboot update of the program guide.

11-29-2011, 03:01 PM
still no luck been 2 days and nothing has changed. So I guess I am just moving on with a clean slate. oh well I didnt need 100000 episodes of drinking made easy.

Reigster at SatelliteGuys