PDA

View Full Version : What is the best HDTV on the market at any price?

Pages : [1] 2

cinnabun93
12-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Also is LCD, LED, or Plasma the best. I don't care about price I just want the best hdtv overall.

Ilya
12-01-2011, 09:59 PM
How about a front projector? ;)

Ilya
12-01-2011, 10:03 PM
"The best" is a relative term. It depends on your personal preferences, room conditions, etc.
For example, most agree that plasma TV sets offer the best colors among flat panel sets, but they don't work well at all in bright lit rooms.
Front projectors give you the best (and the largest!) picture, but they require total darkness.

Pepper
12-02-2011, 12:06 AM
Indeed, a very complicated question.

It all depends on what features are most important to you. For me, "the best" TV is the one I enjoy watching and didn't have to go into debt for. My list of features included at least four feet diagonal size, full 1920x1080P resolution, low glare factor and passive 3D and fit within the amount of money I had previously saved plus my Christmas bonus.

Since price isn't an issue for you, just decide which features are important and find several that fit your list, and demo them in-store or better yet in a friend's home, if you can. Then buy the one you liked best.

HiDefRev
12-02-2011, 05:11 AM
A lot of people agree that, overall, Panasonic's VT series plasmas have the best picture. But, only you can decide for yourself.

gadgtfreek
12-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Plasma is the best bang for buck/screen size tech IMO, unless you throw PJ's into it.

jayn_j
12-02-2011, 03:48 PM
I'd rather answer an easier question, such as "What's the best religion?" or "Why can't we all just get along and work for world peace?"

If there was a clear cut answer to this question, they wouldn't produce 10 gazillion models.

peano
12-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Unfortunately its not on the market anymore . The Pioneer Elite is still the best direct view HDTV ever made.

teachsac
12-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Yeap. Way too many variables, room conditions being number one. My Panasonic VT (plasma) has way less glare and reflection than my Sony 820 (LCD/LED). My projector is best when dark, but I can have the lights on and still watch/listen while I work on things.

S~

gadgtfreek
12-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Yeap. Way too many variables, room conditions being number one. My Panasonic VT (plasma) has way less glare and reflection than my Sony 820 (LCD/LED). My projector is best when dark, but I can have the lights on and still watch/listen while I work on things.

S~

Isnt it funny that "reflectivity" was used by fanboys alike for years against plasma, then LED LCD's when the mirror route :)

Reigster at SatelliteGuys