PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to say I am leaving Dish after 11 years

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

bigdaddy10
12-09-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm sad to announce that I am leaving Dish after 11 years of service. I just could not take the equipment fees anymore. I loved every minute of my service except for the fees. Now that D* has the 5 tuner DVR it was just the push I needed to switch. I'm still leary about leaving a company that I love and have defended at every pass over the last 11 years.

Hopefully something will be done at Dish and they can stop the slow bleed of customers leaving. I still believe in there product and incredible hardware. Unlike some I loved my 922 receiver and never really had an issue with it except for the spotty sling connection. Hopefully they can turn this thing around in the next 24months. If they do, I'll come running back.

- BigDaddy10

LouF@DISH Network
12-09-2011, 08:33 PM
We hate to see you leave. We have new developments coming that are in the works, and these look to be truly amazing. I wish you the best with your new service, but it really hurts to see a customer leave. Once I am provided with the new information on our new advanced products, I will make sure to send these to you.

- Lou F.

navychop
12-10-2011, 02:42 PM
CES this year should be "Velly intelesting" (apologies to Rowan & Martin's Laugh In).

As BBMP improves, the XiP813 gets released, and some other "hinted at" things come on stream, 2012 should be a banner year for Dish.

bigdaddy10
12-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Well guess what. Directv screwed up my order. I ordered the new HR34 HMC, 2 HD receivers and 1 HD DVR. The customer Service Rep gave me the regular SD DVR. I tried to call and get it changed back and they told me that I needed to wait for the installer to come in and have them change the receiver. I then asked them if I would be charged for this and she could not tell me for sure. I told her that I needed to talk to someone who could give me this information. Once they got someone on the phone they told me I would be charged an extra $100.00 I told her that was a no go and she wanted to know why I needed the HR34 and another HD DVR. I politely let her know that was my business and then she asked if I had Samsung televisions! I told her due to one of their screens cracking right in front of my face I would never have another Samsung in my house. She preceded to tell me that I must have a Samsung television to make the HR34 work. After all of this I told them to just cancel my order and refund my money because I was fed up. Sooooooo. I am going off the grid. I will not have any pay television for the forseable future. I'm not sure how long I can hold out but I'll be renting a lot of DVD's and watching a lot of netflix and Amazon Prime.

Going from the All everything package for 9 of my 11 years to nothing. Cold Turkey style.

Bluemonick
12-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Samsung TV required seems like misinformaton. It is funny that there's is a Ad for Google TV right on your post.

TheKrell
12-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Wow. :eek: Seems incompetence knows no bounds. I too am boycotting Samsung (all products) because of the way they treat their Android customers. (Advertize 2.0 over the air, and deliver 1.6 that bricks phones, leaving most customers with 1.5 forever.)

navychop
12-11-2011, 05:27 PM
"...She preceded to tell me that I must have a Samsung television to make the HR34 work...."

Do they even hear what they're saying? Do they ever give it the slightest thought?

bigdaddy10
12-12-2011, 11:46 AM
My Feelings exactly. As soon as the word Samsung came out of her mouth I saw red. She tried to tell me she did no want to go into the technical aspects of the receiver because it would be over my head. Out of normal character I told her this: You do not have the mental capacity to be over my head, produce one piece of literature that says the HR34 has to be used with a Samsung television. The Samsung utilizes the rvu aspect of this receiver and that is it. She then preceded to ask me would I consider getting a Samsung television! I lost it after that and canceled everything.

navychop
12-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Certainly the path I would have chosen, cancellation. I wonder if she will ever realize what a fool she made of herself. Or care.

QCK
12-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Dish receiver fees are truly too high and is what cause the op to leave. I have Shaw Direct, which is one of two Canadian satellite operations. Not that it is any better programming wise, or equipment feature wise, but as far as receiver fees go they charge you having one receiver $2.99/mo & if you have anywhere from two to six receivers you pay one flat fee of $5.99/mo, and this fee also includes a lifetime warranty on all of the receivers you have. I never understood why Dish will not at least give you a fee break on any receivers you own.

Reigster at SatelliteGuys