PDA

View Full Version : HR34 getting new HD-GUI

bobvick
12-30-2011, 08:18 AM
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere.Tonight and Saturday night's CE for the HR34-700 is slated to include the HD user interface. Most of you probably already know, but I thought I would post it here since I did not see the information posted here yet. Keep in mind, this is listed as a VERY high risk CE.

jcrandall
12-30-2011, 09:27 AM
Good to see this finally for the lucky HR34 users.

I changed the thread title so people don't confuse it with the release notes.

bobvick
12-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Sorry I made the title like that. I did not think about it getting confused with the CE release note thread. Thanks for correcting it.

gigahurtz
12-30-2011, 11:02 PM
I'm loving the HD GUI on my HR-34! Happy New Year from DirecTV

gigahurtz
12-31-2011, 01:36 PM
I've noticed that an episode that recorded at 11:30 AM this morning (a 30 min episode) ended up recording for about 3 hours. Another one that recorded last night at 3:30 AM ended up recording for 10 hours. I had to stop them both manually. Anyone else experience this or is this isolated to just me? I'm thinking maybe the guide didn't update completely which caused this to happen. I was going to wait until tomorrow and reboot the box.

Jimbo
12-31-2011, 04:04 PM
I've noticed that an episode that recorded at 11:30 AM this morning (a 30 min episode) ended up recording for about 3 hours. Another one that recorded last night at 3:30 AM ended up recording for 10 hours. I had to stop them both manually. Anyone else experience this or is this isolated to just me? I'm thinking maybe the guide didn't update completely which caused this to happen. I was going to wait until tomorrow and reboot the box.

Never had that happen yet ...
Take a look at the GUIDE info to make sure it was broken down into :30 minute episodes, just to be sure it wasn't set up[ as a 8 hour block.

Do you have the program set to Record All, by chance ?

gigahurtz
12-31-2011, 05:19 PM
Never had that happen yet ...
Take a look at the GUIDE info to make sure it was broken down into :30 minute episodes, just to be sure it wasn't set up[ as a 8 hour block.

Do you have the program set to Record All, by chance ?

Thanks for the reply. I checked that and it was as a 30 minute episode. That was the first thought that came to mind. Some other things that recorded had no issue, it was just a few episodes. I'm thinking maybe the guide data wasn't fully downloaded or something. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it happens again.

Reigster at SatelliteGuys