PDA

View Full Version : SiriusXM Lynx Unboxing / Thoughts

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Scott Greczkowski
01-13-2012, 06:46 PM
Returned home from CES and had a surprise waiting for me, it was a new SiriusXM Lynx.

I decided to grab my camera and take pictures of the unboxing.

Setup was simple I quickly got it connected to my WIFI network and was logged into my SiriusXM account within a few minutes of powering it up was listening to SiriusXM via the internet. I then unboxxed the Home Kit and plugged it in and was getting excellent satellite and repeater signal from within my house... but at this time I have not activated the Satellite Radio portion yet.

The unit feels like an Android phone without the phone... its like booting up and Android phone but the only app you can run is SiriusXM.

The app is a lot like the iOS SiriusXM one, especially when in Internet Mode. You can go back and forward like you can on the new iOS player plus go back to old shows. The interface is fast and slick.

The Lynx has a speaker built in but it sounds HORRIBLE and is not very loud. But through your stereo system is sounds decent.

Over the next few days I will activate the satellite radio portion, but for now all the channels I want to listen to are available via WIFI. If the SiriuxXM online service had the Clear Channel programmed channels such as Extreme 165 then I would really have no reason to activate the satellite radio portion.

DodgerKing
01-14-2012, 08:52 AM
To use every thing on this radio you have to have both the internet service and satellite service?

Scott Greczkowski
01-14-2012, 09:12 AM
To use every thing on this radio you have to have both the internet service and satellite service?

Yes. Which kind of stinks as you are paying twice for the same content.

whitewolf8214
01-14-2012, 01:18 PM
scott ty for your review and help with this im thinking of getting one :)

dan188
01-14-2012, 05:37 PM
What is the subscrion fee cost to acess all content. Can you add internet radio to it for 2.99??

ROLLTIDE
01-14-2012, 05:46 PM
What is the subscrion fee cost to acess all content. Can you add internet radio to it for 2.99??

Internet radio has gone up in price so for everything you are looking at around $20 a month

dan188
01-14-2012, 09:00 PM
But I belive you can link it to a teciver and pay 2.99 for web acess. I got it for my phone and added it to my curent radio for like 2.99 extra a month

DustoMan
01-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Scott have you recieved a weird error message on your Lynx when trying to authenticate your Internet streaming account? I got this odd "-1" error.

ROLLTIDE
01-17-2012, 08:24 AM
Scott have you recieved a weird error message on your Lynx when trying to authenticate your Internet streaming account? I got this odd "-1" error.

I have yet to see that on mine but I wish that every time that I put in the the home dock it wouldn't activate bluetooth

Scott Greczkowski
01-17-2012, 08:44 AM

Nope.

I may activate the satellite portion today. So far have been using it as WIFI only.

The unit is buggy seems like they rushed this thing out.

Reigster at SatelliteGuys