View Full Version : Dish Tailgater 2012 Showcase Award Winner

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

dfergie
01-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Title says it all ... :)

Foxbat
01-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Dish should offer the Tailgater in the clear case for us SatelliteGuys! íMe gusto mucho!

charper1
01-15-2012, 12:22 AM
so what does it do versus other mobile/marine/RV units that have been out for a while? I am confused

jerryez
01-15-2012, 07:25 AM
It only works with the 211K, but it cost about half of the other automatic dishes sold by others.

BobaBird
01-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Tailgater will work with the 211 once it has obtained current software from a regular dish. That's something Dish should want customers to know, yet it didn't appear in the release notes.

Scott Greczkowski
01-15-2012, 10:56 AM
Dish should offer the Tailgater in the clear case for us SatelliteGuys! íMe gusto mucho! Actually it is something we discussed and its something they are thinking of doing. Retailers are having a hard time selling the Tailgaters because when looking at the regular one you have no idea what it is, but if they have clear ones as displays it is easy to figure out what it is. :)

charper1
01-15-2012, 10:57 AM
It only works with the 211K, but it cost about half of the other automatic dishes sold by others.

so what makes it award winning? its not revolutionary by any means.

dfergie
01-15-2012, 11:06 AM
It's portable, the others are all attached... this you can set on a tailgate and let it go.

Scherrman
01-15-2012, 11:21 AM
so what makes it award winning? its not revolutionary by any means.

If you've ever used one you'd realize what sets the Tailgater apart from all other portable Dish devices. I love mine and so do all of our customers. There is nothing cheaper to buy and easier to use.

charper1
01-15-2012, 11:30 AM
If you've ever used one you'd realize what sets the Tailgater apart from all other portable Dish devices. I love mine and so do all of our customers. There is nothing cheaper to buy and easier to use.

that doesn't explain anything. sounds somewhat subjective... what makes it revolutionary? being cheaper and somewhat easier to user than devices that already exists for the exact same purpose doesn't qualify for award winner; just cheaper and possibly better.. what all does it work with; explain its details? other units can work with different services, not just one.. what are your personal experiences; this is already on the market; AND its at CES as a new product? I am not busting your chops, I am looking for real info and details.

Reigster at SatelliteGuys