PDA

View Full Version : Another store closing

barco13
01-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Well, the second closest store to me is closing (after the closest closed awhile back) and there are "plans" to relocate at a later date. This means 0 stores in SW Johnson County. I understand the closings, just thinking they are missing out on a large market. The 119th st location was always crowded, but I'm sure the lease was high. Was really enjoying getting a movie and exchanging for a game in store.

dan188
02-10-2012, 01:05 AM
the in store exchange is a joke. every time you turn around another 1 is closing. for me the closest play to do instore exchange is over a hour away. its not really a good selling point since they are closing more and more stotes.

Tampa8
02-12-2012, 03:16 PM
the in store exchange is a joke. every time you turn around another 1 is closing. for me the closest play to do instore exchange is over a hour away. its not really a good selling point since they are closing more and more stotes.

I can agree with that, it's not a good selling point.....

riffjim4069
02-12-2012, 03:28 PM
The three Blockbuster stores in my area closed four years ago...soon followed by the two Hollywood Video stores.

satjay
02-12-2012, 03:32 PM
We still have one very close by, could ride a bike there on a nice day. They do pretty good business and I am thinking lease might be good. But recently we have two others close

Coach Knight
02-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Our closest store is, according to the BB website, 1.93 miles from our home. That store is extremely busy, even on weekdays it seems. We also have 4 other stores within reasonable distance although I don't use any of them. The mileage to those stores: 6.41, 8.43, 10.59, 11.10. I am not 100% sure all those stores are open since they are not in my normal daily route, although I can say that I am pretty sure about a couple of them. I also know that some that did close are no longer on the list, so I think it is pretty accurate.

If it weren't so darned convenient, I'd probably not consider it such a huge advantage over Netflix. But there is absolutely no way Netflix can compete with having a well-stocked store staffed with friendly, knowledgeable staff just a couple minutes from my home. I totally understand the sentiment of those that don't have a local store, however.

Also, it isn't accurate at all to say the in-store exchange is a joke as that is a blanket statement and I can tell you from the box of exchanged mailers behind the counter when we make our exchanges that a lot of people are taking advantage of it. You can say it doesn't work for you due to having no local store and I can respect that. But to say it isn't a benefit is just dead wrong.

Tampa8
02-12-2012, 05:43 PM
When I am in Florida I do have one close, with a very decent selection. It was closing but said it was going to relocate to a smaller store, I didn't think that would actually happen, but it did. Still a good way to exchange movies. In Ct. there is also one kinda sorta near me, but I wouldn't call it convienent. I have to agree so many seem to be closing that it may not be a key selling point.... :)

jerryez
02-12-2012, 05:46 PM
As I said in another thread, I have got 11 dvds in the last month, by returning the mailed disc to my local store and getting one from the store. It cost me nothing, since I already had the Platinum package before it switched to BB@Home. Very Happy with BB@ Home

Reigster at SatelliteGuys