PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Tournament

Pages : [1] 2

TheTimm
03-17-2005, 05:32 AM
It's March Madness time! Just thought I'd start a thread in case anybody has any thoughts/predictions on the tourney.

Here are my picks for the Final Four:

Wake Forest beats Oklahoma State
Duke beats UConn

CHAMP: Duke

1st round upset predictions: Penn over BC, Creighton over West Virginia, Old Dominion over Michigan State, NC State over Charlotte, Mississippi St over Stanford, Iowa St over Minnesota, Pitt over Pacific (those last four games aren't really upsets in my book, but that's what the seedings say)

snaggerbob
03-17-2005, 06:25 AM
what about he illini???? all the way baby!

TheTimm
03-17-2005, 08:09 AM
what about he illini???? all the way baby!I have 'em losing to Oklahoma State in the Final Eight. I just don't have much confidence in the Big Ten this year, and I like Oklahoma State's experience (Final Four team last year, still have Lucas). But of course, Illinois is 32-1 so it wouldn't exactly be a shocker if they did go all the way.

roachxp
03-17-2005, 08:40 AM
Can't wait the local CBS and FOX are show 4 games each similcast 1 in HD and 3 other in SD through out the day.

riffjim4069
03-17-2005, 11:14 AM
Watch 'em now while they're still playing for the love of the game and largely void of criminal charges (wife beating, raping, murdering) and moral turpitude (fathering out of wedlock, not paying child support, abusing drugs & alcohol, gluttonous behavior). I still can't believe people continue to pay these thugs million dollar salaries to support their drug dealers, whores and lawyers. It's no wonder Argentina is the world basketball champions and Italy the runner up. It's refreshing to watch real basketball being play on Worldsport!

vurbano
03-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Watch 'em now while they're still playing for the love of the game and largely void of criminal charges (wife beating, raping, murdering) and moral turpitude (fathering out of wedlock, not paying child support, abusing drugs & alcohol, gluttonous behavior). I still can't believe people continue to pay these thugs million dollar salaries to support their drug dealers, whores and lawyers. It's no wonder Argentina is the world basketball champions and Italy the runner up. It's refreshing to watch real basketball being play on Worldsport!

Not really, Iverson for example was behind bars here in Newport News while still in High School. Im sure many already have criminal records and babies.

riffjim4069
03-17-2005, 11:32 AM
Not really, Iverson for example was behind bars here in Newport News while still in High School. Im sure many already have criminal records and babies....I did qualify that by saying largely. :rolleyes: Anyway, I just wanted to state this is my opinion since I know a number of people follow the NBA. I used to be a big fan, but I've lost interest over the years largely due to the players character. Todays players should look to the gentle giants of the past and try to emulate their behavior.

Anyway, go NCCA!!!

TheTimm
03-17-2005, 12:05 PM
WWJ in Detroit is multicasting -- four digital channels, no HD! Not sure whether to laugh or cry. :no :yes While it's nice to be able to choose which game I'll see, it kinda blows that none will be in HD until later rounds. And to make matters worse I'm heading Up North tomorrow to a land where my parents get no CBS at all. Ugh.

daveydogmi
03-17-2005, 01:07 PM
I'm all over the multi-cast in Detroit, but NO HD! The schedule shows that Alabama-WIML game was supposed to be in HD - did they forget to flick the switch???

BFG
03-17-2005, 01:10 PM
how many multicast games are they doing? They probably are doing all multicast and no HD coverage. My station isn't doing anything creative, they said it was too difficult.

If you ever get HD coverage share your viewing experiences here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=57525

Reigster at SatelliteGuys