PDA

View Full Version : Considering an ipad3?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Don Landis
02-12-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm considering replacing my 2 original ipads for 3's. Just need more features improvements to justify.

I wonder how many of you ipad owners, even ipad 2 owners are considering the upgrade and why?

I know there will be a bunch of negative people who have no reason to upgrade as the original ipad is known to be quite adequate for average ipad users (like me) But I have another reason that is a bit unique. I now have a hand me down path, begging for ours, hoping I do the upgrade as I told them they will get mine when I upgrade.

So, give me some positive reasons why upgrading to an ipad3 should be considered.

One of the big additions is the (rumored) LTE radio built in. Actually, if I have to get one with that I will but I don't need it as I have a myfi LTE that works great and prefer it to a dedicated ipad radio. Just give me wifi and I'll be quite happy. The other rumored improvement is the screen being in full HD but I'm satisfied with the screen I have now. But if it is very good in bright sun ( doubt it) that would be a plus but not necessarily worth me upgrading. Final rumor is the quadcore processor. Big deal! Unless it enables some new capability I haven't considered that would greatly improve what I do with the ipad. What I really really want is a very good e-mail app. If they can do that, I'm a buyer!

rockymtnhigh
02-13-2012, 10:32 AM
I am mostly interested in the higher resolution screen - if it can make reading documents look like you are reading them in print - I will be interested. Quad core does not matter to me except so far as it makes it faster for screen refreshes. Could care less about LTE, won't get a cellular model anyways. I am just waiting to see what the retina display looks like on an iPad. AND I'll only upgrade if I can sell my iPad 2 for a very good price.

lparsons21
02-13-2012, 10:38 AM
If I had a hand me down path that wouldn't cause more problems than solutions, I would be interested in getting the new one. But since I have too many kids it would cause a bit of friction if I handed it down to one without also coming up with 3 more to give away.

From a feature and power standpoint with my useage, the original iPad I have is more than good enough.

mike123abc
02-13-2012, 12:12 PM
It is hard to speculate as to why you would upgrade to an ipad 3 without actually seeing the specs on the mythical ipad 3....

All I can say is that I have not bought an ipad2 because I wanted a higher resolution screen. If the iPad3 has the rumored 4x resolution then I would want it.

I would also like to see amazon VOD ported to the ipad lineup...

mperdue
02-13-2012, 12:59 PM
I might be in the market if it does something that would be beneficial to one of my apps. I'm sure I'll end up with one for compatibility testing at some point.

Ilya
02-13-2012, 01:12 PM
I would be looking for a higher resolution screen, better camera, perhaps faster CPU.
Don't know if this will be an option, but I would love to see GPS in a non-broadband version.

yourbeliefs
02-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Not interested. I have an iPad 2 and while I'm satisfied with it, I do NOT see myself staying in the iOS family of products for my next tablet purchase. Hopefully ICS will be the OS I've been waiting for, as opposed to Honeycomb which may as well be called "Android ME" given how buggy and unnecessary it is as an OS. My wife recently got a Toshiba Thrive, the first Android tablet I've used since returning my Xoom, and I was shocked at how buggy and unresponsive it was. I'm tired of being stuck in the extremely limited and frankly boring world of iOS.

As far as hardware goes my iPad 2 is fine. Having a Retina based screen would be cool but I don't see my browsing and gaming experience being enhanced greatly by it. A quad core sounds nice but I rarely find myself waiting on Apps or other things to load with the A5 Processor. For iPad 1 users the 3 will likely be a logical purchase, but I see myself riding my iPad 2 until it's simply not practical anymore, like the iPhone 3g.

Scott Greczkowski
02-13-2012, 01:19 PM
The HD screen, lte and Siri are what I am looking forward to.

I find myself using my iPad a lot more then my Laptop lately. Small compact and does almost everything I want for normal use.

rockymtnhigh
02-13-2012, 01:26 PM
While I expect a higher quality camera, I have used the camera on the iPad so infrequently, I can't imagine really caring what they do with it.

I really just don't have a clue what it is going to look like with a retina screen. But I still am amazed with the PQ of the iPhone screen, and if it matches that on a bigger scale, it will be tempting.

meStevo
02-13-2012, 02:42 PM
Can't wait to see what iPhone apps look like when you press 4x.

Camera and screen are why I'd upgrade, and that's if I can sell my 2 for a decent price.

Camera is an utter embarrassment for a mobile device currently.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reigster at SatelliteGuys