PDA

View Full Version : Movies Voom introduced you to.

Pages : [1] 2

lostcause
04-13-2005, 01:09 PM
What movies did you see for the first time on the voom exclusive channels that you had never seen before, but are glad you saw them thanks to voom? They don't have to be great or classic movies, but just movies you liked that you would have probably never seen had voom not showed them.

For me, there were a lot, but a couple that come to mind are Asphalt Jungle, French Twist, Vampire Lovers and a bunch more that I can't remember the names right now. Overall I have to say that I saw a lot of very good movies on voom that I would have never seen otherwise.

jeslevine
04-13-2005, 01:13 PM
Hearts and Minds

ddlsmith
04-13-2005, 01:25 PM
OCTAMAN!!

Academy Award stuff!!

http://www.cinefilevideo.com/images/content/octaman.jpg

Seriously, I am a huge fan of the old cheesy fifties, sixties, seventies "scary" movies and enjoyed seeing many of them on Monster HD. That will be the channel I miss the most. You won't ever find that kind of stuff anywhere else again so I hope someday, somewhere, Monster HD will rise from the depths and resume terrorizing the civilized world.

rrobe99999
04-13-2005, 01:30 PM
"The Hills Have Eyes" was the biggest gem. I had always wanted to see it, but could never find it on DVD in a video store (it may not be out on DVD). As mentioned above, "French Twist" and "Vampire Lovers" were good. Also "Asylum", "Lifeforce", "Bubba Ho-Tep", "Swordsman", and "Chinese Ghost Story" were movies that I enjoyed which I have never heard of, so I would not have looked for them in a video store. I also enjoyed seeing old classics again such as "Easy Rider", "Mad Max", "Evil Dead", "Night / Dawn of the Dead" and "Chainsaw Masacres".

Lars
04-13-2005, 02:24 PM
Bubba Ho-Tep!

A great film with more depth than you could ever expect from a B movie. I liked it so much that I copied it to DVD off of Monsters and even bought the movie later for all of the extras.

Lars
04-13-2005, 02:25 PM
If any of the Voom 21 channels are to live on, it will be Monsters!

droolman7
04-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Dead Alive. gotta be goriest movie ever....loved it!!!!!

lostcause
04-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Dead Alive. gotta be goriest movie ever....loved it!!!!!

yep..that one too. Great movie!!!

jagouar
04-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Bubba Ho-Tep

deeann
04-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Late Night Shopping
Innocent Blood
the Subspecies movies
Dream Lover
Lord Of The Flies
The Monster Squad