View Full Version : No sound on OTA channels

zmust
07-01-2005, 11:33 PM
Has anyone been having the same problem?
I live in Corona, CA close to Orange County.

sksatellite
07-01-2005, 11:40 PM
Ned to know what is your setting, antenna itself or connect with other device or from any other device, you provide no information.

zmust
07-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Got Voom installed in Jan 2005 with a separate external antenna for the local channels as the Voom transponder wasn't strong enough to pull in the signals.

I used to receive sound but suddenly it just went away. Not the TV as the DVD works OK. I have tried rescanning/tuning but to no effect.

Don't know what model the TV antenna is...
Is there an antenna model anyone can suggest which can pull in weak signals? I feel like upgrading the external antenna.

lilyarbie
07-02-2005, 03:30 PM
The best for UHF HD stations out there is an 8-bay antenna. This will pull in most stations. It's also a good idea to get a pre-amp for further boosting of the signal performance on your antenna. A final thing would be a rotor. This would allow you to peak signal quality on all of your stations by aiming your antenna in the direction of the station's transmitter.

boba
07-03-2005, 02:41 PM
Try unplugging the receiver from AC power for a minute or two.

sksatellite
07-03-2005, 04:57 PM
When I was at the class last time, the intructor showed us a Winegard amplified antenna which will use for the Voom receiver, but I really doubt its going to work.

I have a Sony video/plus TV that the coax TV input not work at all on a sudden, but the video cable side still has no problem.

Reigster at SatelliteGuys