PDA

View Full Version : CES 2006 AVS Forum Party video

Pages : [1] 2 3

Don Landis
01-08-2006, 06:21 AM
Just some excerpts from the headliner entertainment.

http://www.tv-shopper.com/CES2006/AVSPARTY.wmv

This will require a broadband connection of at least 350kbps to watch. Or, you can right click on the link and download it for local play.

Scott Greczkowski
01-08-2006, 07:26 AM
That was a GREAT party! I had a really good time and met a lot of folks there. :)

I have lots of pics to share from the Party (and from CES itself) and will post them when I return home.

Today is going to be a long day, they are telling everyone to get to the airport 2 1/2 hours early. So I am leaving here at 6am and won't be getting back to Connecticut until 10:45 tonight.

Thanks go to David Bott for throwing a great party including his sponsors (Especially Sam Runco who I enjoyed talking with)

Don Landis
01-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Scott- I know you didn't bother to download the video since you are on slow dialup aol, but I managed to get you in it. When I was shooting stage right you were standing in the background with your camera by your right side. :) Proves you were there!

Thanks, Scott for joining me this year so we could finally meet in person. I am proud to be a member here from the beginning. Wishing you a safe journey home. I will be doing a similar trek tomorrow. Wish I were staying until Tuesday when the airport will be dead.

Scott Greczkowski
01-08-2006, 09:58 AM
I am actually in the airport now, got here at 6am, and my flight is not until 9:45. They are telling everyone to get here 2 1/2 hours early because of security, but when I got here there was NO line.

I got a bunch of AVS photos I am going to upload them in a few minutes.

Again it was a great party. :)

Scott Greczkowski
01-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Ok the AVS Party Pictures are UP!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/photopost/showgallery.php/cat/504

Enjoy!

Ilya
01-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Just some excerpts from the headliner entertainment.
http://www.tv-shopper.com/CES2006/AVSPARTY.wmv
This will require a broadband connection of at least 350kbps to watch. Or, you can right click on the link and download it for local play.
Nice camera work and editing! How many camera men did you have? :D

gpflepsen
01-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Nice camera work and editing! How many camera men did you have? :D

I got the video, but I'm looking for the latest codecs for my player. The audio was out of syc by a few beats. :D

BFG
01-08-2006, 01:49 PM
the sound quality is bad. If you went to the trouble to have several people recording and then were gonna edit you should've gotten a line level recording from the mixer

Scott Greczkowski
01-08-2006, 02:19 PM
he reorded it with his digital camera which also captures video.

snidely
01-08-2006, 02:28 PM
There was no line at security Sat. 2PM either. LAS airport does have a fairly fast FREE wifi connection.
AVS forum party was great - w. good entertainment. I still wish they would heed the suggestions many of us made and require everyone to wear name badges. I would have liked to see, in the flesh, people who are just names here.
Have to thank Scott for his patience and time at the DISH booth on Friday. Unfortunately, there were only about 5 of us there, including Don L. Scott knows more than some of the floor reps there - altho Scott did have one very knowledgeable tech guy talk to us.

I don't use my real name on this board because I have and talk about a Canadian DBS system (BEV). Since it is unknown whether any authorities really care about that, I pay for the service, just use a psydonym. (Real name is Mike T.)

...mike

Reigster at SatelliteGuys