Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Thread: Reverse LNB Polarity

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! trinidex did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, trinidex did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, trinidex did! Be COOL like trinidex and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

Reverse LNB Polarity

I have an 8ft offset solid dish with a Ku LNB mounted no the end. The LNB is bolted to the arm, not installed in a collar.

The polarity of the satellite I want to receive is reversed, so H is V, and V is H

Is there a product that can be installed in line, that will reverse the polarity?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to know as well.. because that would solve dish pro issues with toriadol dishes..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trinidex View Post
    I have an 8ft offset solid dish with a Ku LNB mounted no the end. The LNB is bolted to the arm, not installed in a collar.

The polarity of the satellite I want to receive is reversed, so H is V, and V is H

Is there a product that can be installed in line, that will reverse the polarity?

Thanks
    Lots of companies make external H/V switches that are toggled by an accessory port. All you would have to do is swap the two input wired.

They do vary from model to model, however, some are 5/6 volt and some are 12 volt, and I think that some of the Drakes had the plus ion the shield and the minus on the center conductor. I installed four of them at a Cox cable headend so that they could receive Ku feeds of a Bullseye, dual C/Dual Ku feed that I also installed using their own, residential-grade Drake receivers, and I had to put in discrete LNB powering supplies and voltage block them from the switches to make non-Drake switches work with a Drake receiver.

The good news is, almost all of them are the same, so for twenty bucks of less you can buy one and try it. Back when I did that installation for McR, I found them somewhere really cheap, like about $6 each, but I don't remember where.

This remedy could not be adapted to a Dish Pro Plus single coax output.