Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the Dishnetwork DVR Service Fee?

Post Thanks / Like

What is the Dishnetwork DVR Service Fee?

Here is my current billing statement.

Can anyone explain to me why there is the Dishnetwork DVR service fee? What is it for?

I have two receivers, DVR625 and vip622.

New Monthly Charge(s) 08/10 to 09/09
    ===============

DIGITAL HOME ADVANTAGE WITH GREAT WALL TV PACKAGE -------- 34.99
    DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN (DHPP) -------- 5.99
    DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE -------- 11.96
    HD ENABLING FEE -------- 6.00
    LEASED RECEIVER FEE -------- 6.00
    LOCALS -------- 0.00

Account Charges $ 64.94
    Total Taxes -------- $ 0.50
    Total Amount Due -------- $ 65.44

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! skyviewmark did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, skyviewmark did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, skyviewmark did! Be COOL like skyviewmark and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's the fee for the priviledge of having and using a DVR. Standard Fee. Non negotiable unless you subscribe to the Everything Package..
    Mark

Local Dealers always make good friends
    2 Hopper 2000's - 2 Joey's - Dish 1000.4 WA - DirecTV HR44-700 - DirecTV HR24-200 - DTV SWMline Dish

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Cyclone did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Cyclone did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Cyclone did! Be COOL like Cyclone and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dish originally did not have a DVR. But Tivo and everyone else did. Dish had taken pride in the fact until one day..... The model 510 was introduced and Charlie said that he would start to charge the DVR fee (which was less than the $12/mo for Tivo) because he was otherwise "leaving money on the table".

Technically there is no reason that a DVR costs more on a monthly basis than a regular receiver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking at your bill, you can cancel the DHPP and save $5.99 a month. If something goes wrong, you can add it back and then cancel again. It's kind of stupid that Dish allows this but since they nickel and dime us to death with everything else, I don't mind their stupidity on this issue.

By the way, the lease fees and DVR fees are why I only have 1 receiver (a 622) piped to 3 TV's. I save $12/month by doing that and rarely have a conflict since 2 of the TV's can switch between the TV1 or TV2 output.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! skyviewmark did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, skyviewmark did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, skyviewmark did! Be COOL like skyviewmark and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Almost take a law degree to figure out all the extra fees that Dish has. Most of which are designed for one reason and one reason alone.. To make money for Dish. Capitalism at it's finest.. If ya want to play.. Ya gotta pay.
    Mark

Local Dealers always make good friends
    2 Hopper 2000's - 2 Joey's - Dish 1000.4 WA - DirecTV HR44-700 - DirecTV HR24-200 - DTV SWMline Dish

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for everyone's quick response!

Paying $11.96 is really a lot consider that I have been a dish costumer for more than 3 years. More than $430.5 have gone into dish's pocket.

Two more questions:

1) Is the DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICE FEE fixed or charge base on the number of DVRs?
    2) If I buy my own DVR, do I still need to pay the DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICE FEE?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast