Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't get remote 2 to function for dish network

Post Thanks / Like

Can't get remote 2 to function for dish network

Alright, I have one box thats connected to 2 tv's. TV 1 works properly, the remote changes channels and works fine. TV 2 doesnt work. The tv works fine, the controller does turn off the t.v., however. I just can't get it to change the channel for the dish network. The tv does get signal from the box, it has the dish network press "select" to begin screen. Whats wrong/ what can i do to fix it? thanks

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    help! i need it fixed soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Which light on the top of remote 2 gets lit when you push the 'select' button?

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! KAB did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, KAB did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, KAB did! Be COOL like KAB and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure you have pressed the TV button at the top of the remote. You may have pressed another one and you are not getting complete control of the remote. It will turn on/off TV by default, but that's all it will do unless TV has be selected.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty sure i had the SAT button light up when i was trying to get it to work. So i should select TV instead, not sat for it to work? thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Check your UHF antenna on the rear of your satellite box. If you have a 622, according to the instruction manual, make sure the antenna is extended, pointing straight up for best reception. If the antenna is not pointed straight up, you will experience remote to receiver transmission difficulty when using your TV 2 remote. I have a 622; it too is connected to two different sets, my 52" Sony HD and a standard definition set in my guest bedroom. I experienced the exact same problem as you a day or so ago, even going as far as exchanging batteries in the TV 2 remote before I found the right solution. Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast