Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brighthouse Seems to be Clueless

Post Thanks / Like

Brighthouse Seems to be Clueless

As D* is getting ready to add many new HD channels, BHN remains silent regarding any new HD channels. As a business, don't they care about losing customers in bulk? And they will lose them for the 2 year contract that we will sign with D*.

Even if BHN adds channels they will be unable to get these lost subscribers back for a long time. They will lose about $125/month from me and it pisses me off that they could care less. I am happy with their PQ and don't want to leave but they are forcing me too. Is this their President's position? Apparently he is such a douche that he doesn't care.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like
    I share your frustrated sentiment completely. I am sick and tired of their lack of HD adds too! Where the hell is Cinemax HD? What about all the new Discovery Channels in HD? This is sick. I can't wait for Verizon Fios in St. Pete where I live and have BHN.

I am so unhappy with the offerings of BHN that I also subscribe to Dish and their HD package. I shouldn't have to subscribe to two services to get what I want (and still not everything).

But this has been going on for years. I used to get Knology and BHN in order to get what I want.

BHN sure does lag, always has, and probably always will. I have said before and I will say it again, they would probably still be riding on analog if it wasn't for satellite and the cable competitors that keep nipping at their heels. The president of BHN is a douche you say. Great way to put it, I like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Impala1ss View Post
    As D* is getting ready to add many new HD channels, BHN remains silent regarding any new HD channels. As a business, don't they care about losing customers in bulk? And they will lose them for the 2 year contract that we will sign with D*.

Even if BHN adds channels they will be unable to get these lost subscribers back for a long time. They will lose about $125/month from me and it pisses me off that they could care less. I am happy with their PQ and don't want to leave but they are forcing me too. Is this their President's position? Apparently he is such a douche that he doesn't care.

Post Thanks / Like
    you guys crack me up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just on the 20th of this month BHN added another on-demand channel for HD. Called HD showcase. its included in the HD Pack and you get unlimited access to it.

BHNS current HD lineup in Central Florida

We offer 19 High Definition channels. The programming available on these channels is determined by the broadcaster and may not be entirely HD. Channels provided in HD are:
    Bright House Networks HD channels
    WESH NBC Broadcast
    WRDQ-27 Broadcast
    WKMG CBS Broadcast
    WFTV ABC Broadcast
    WOFL FOX Broadcast
    WRBW My Network TV Broadcast
    WKCF The CW Broadcast
    WFME HD Broadcast
    Discovery HD Theater Broadcast
    A&E HD Broadcast
    TNT HD Broadcast
    ESPN HD High Definition Pack
    ESPN2 HD High Definition Pack
    HDNet High Definition Pack
    HDNet Movies High Definition Pack
    MOJO High Definition Pack
    HBO HD HD Premium
    Showtime HD HD Premium
    HD Movies on Demand On Demand Channel

Dish HD offers about 15 more national channels but charges 20$ per month extra for those channels. Not to mention for the Locals its another 6$ so that brings
    DishHD = 26/month BHN HD = 6/month Sure you get more but pay more. BHN is still the better dollar for dollar value.

Thats even if you can get the locals HD in your location. Not to mention BHN's HD picture in orlando blows away anything DishNet has to offer.

Lets look at DirecTV

They have basically the same package Bhn does as far as channels go, in fact I think BHN offers more,

DirecTV charges $9.99/month. for their basic HD package which include locals I think,

in this case BHN is cheaper by 3 dollars and has the better picture and the same channels. (give or take 1 or two)

Not to mention with BHN you dont need to buy a 300$ receiver, You get top quality Picture signal (no HD-Lite!) and if you ever have a problem your service calls are always free. (unless you break something, which can be covered by timeguard)

Do the math play wit hthe numbers + quality of service. BHN Is without a doubt the better value over Dish or Directv, in the Orlando market. If having 15 more channels is worth everything else associated with it including the contract and other associated fees, then by all means. It surely will cost you more, then with BHN but of course you will get those 15 more channels. Its a cost vs benefit factor and unless 15 channels is that big of a deal to you, you will not leave BHN. I assure you BHN will compete and keep up its HD programming lineup in par with those companies in which it competes. If BHN were to add 15 more HD channels, expect the HD pack price to go up.
    Last edited by stevenl; 08-30-2007 at 08:48 PM.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! BFG did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, BFG did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, BFG did! Be COOL like BFG and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    comparing 26 to 6 is really silly

if you compare a dish bill to a bhn bill you'll see that dish is less and you get more

but to the original topic, i dont think the cable comanies really care or worry about what that satellite companies do. the bulk of their business are people who have no choice but cable or who still have basic cable or pay their bill month to month with no interest in other options

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    comparing 26 to 6 is really silly

if you compare a dish bill to a bhn bill you'll see that dish is less and you get more

but to the original topic, i dont think the cable comanies really care or worry about what that satellite companies do. the bulk of their business are people who have no choice but cable or who still have basic cable or pay their bill month to month with no interest in other options
    Who doesnt have a choice of satellite? Except a small margin of people who are in Apartments that face the wrong way. Almost EVERYONE in the USA has access to satellite service. Satellite touches far more homes then cable by a huge number.

I chose to compare HD prices because that is what the OP was concerned with. So I am comparing the apple to the apple. HD cost vs HD cost. If I get time I can break it down to ya with everything basic package vs basic package. But if you really care that much feel free to yourself.

and to say you get more im assuming you just mean in # of channels, to me more is just "How many channels" Its the overall quality and value of the service I get. When you buy something you get what you pay for.

Call dish when you have a problem with a tv not working right or something or a line is bad in your house. BHN will replace it for free will Dish? Soemtimes that peace of mind knowing you will not have any extra charges is important. To me it is. If I know ok My monthly bill is 100/month and if anything goes wrong BHN will fix it free, or my monthly bill with dis is 90$ and anything goes wrong I pay for it and its my hassle to deal with. Well I will gladly spend the extra 10bucks a month to know If I call someone I get them their within 2 days fixing my problem with no cost to me, Specially in florida. The lightning capital of the world. Im sure any Dish installer/service guy will tell ya Lightning is rampant and blows alot of crap up. Your home owners insurance will cover it.. but with a nice deductible....

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast