Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Telstar 11

Post Thanks / Like

Telstar 11

Hello everyone!

I have a motorized 30" FTA dish and I am enjoying the variety of international programming available on the main USA satellite belt (mainly Telstar 5). I would like to extend my reach to Telstar 11. It is fairly low in the sky at 37.5 degrees (AZ 117.49, EL 31.82). I live in Jacksonville, Florida.

I know that I will need to purchase at least a one meter dish, preferably a 1.2 meter dish so I can get some channels on T11.

Does anyone here have any experience viewing a satellite so low in the horizon?

Also, I am having a devil of a time finding Galaxy 10R. I am not sure if my dish can turn to that area of the sky or what. It is supposed to be one of those horizon to horizon motors. As far as I can tell there are no obstructions. The LNB settings are Lo 10750.

One more thing.... where is a good supplier of larger dishes? Thanks for your help.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Post Thanks / Like

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMylesG
    Hello everyone!

I have a motorized 30" FTA dish and I am enjoying the variety of international programming available on the main USA satellite belt (mainly Telstar 5). I would like to extend my reach to Telstar 11. It is fairly low in the sky at 37.5 degrees (AZ 117.49, EL 31.82). I live in Jacksonville, Florida.

I know that I will need to purchase at least a one meter dish, preferably a 1.2 meter dish so I can get some channels on T11.

Does anyone here have any experience viewing a satellite so low in the horizon?

Also, I am having a devil of a time finding Galaxy 10R. I am not sure if my dish can turn to that area of the sky or what. It is supposed to be one of those horizon to horizon motors. As far as I can tell there are no obstructions. The LNB settings are Lo 10750.

One more thing.... where is a good supplier of larger dishes? Thanks for your help.
    I'm in MN and can get T11 no problem. I can get all the way over to Hispasat 1C (30 W). All I'm using is a 30" dish.
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Post Thanks / Like

T11

Wow! You get T11 with a 30"???? What settings do you use to get those T11 channels? I am mainly interested in the Russian channels.

Thanks.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Iceberg did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Iceberg did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Iceberg did! Be COOL like Iceberg and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    In MN the elevation is around 15

The reason I had aimed at T11 was because of Ohio News network (ONN), but now they moved. I never tried to get the Russian channels.

Its the normal settings (LO 10750) Looks like they're at 12000 H 3254, 12041 V 3617 and 12051 V 3617

I'll try it tonight to see if it will work. If I can get it in MN, then you surely should be able to in FL.
    FOLLOW THE BUZZARDS.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep! I get the Russian channels !

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast