Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Dish Carry FCSC?

Post Thanks / Like

Does Dish Carry FCSC?

Does Dish Carry FCSC? It stands for Fox College Sports Channel.

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! roachxp did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, roachxp did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, roachxp did! Be COOL like roachxp and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aren't the like 3 or 4 channels; WEST, CENTRAL, and EAST.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you are think of Fox Sport Network (Midwest, Rocky Mtn, Bay Area....) Fox College Sports Channel is a new channel pertaining obviously to only College Sports. The reason I ask is my Jayhawks will be on FCSC this weekend and all of the local cable companies carry the channel and I don't remember seeing it on DISH.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! schwin did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, schwin did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, schwin did! Be COOL like schwin and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually you're both right ... there are a number of those channels (their designations escape me) and they are not carried by Dish currently

edit - from that fount of knowledge - wikipedia

Fox College Sports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fox College Sports is a group of three United States digital cable networks, owned by News Corporation, that specialize primarily in showing competitions in college athletics. The channels show a various mix of all sports licensed by the NCAA. These include;

Football
    Basketball
    Baseball
    Softball
    Wrestling
    Hockey
    Men's & women's soccer
    Women's volleyball
    Lacrosse
    Track & field
    Gymnastics
    Swimming & diving
    Tennis
    Paintball
    The channels are divided into three geographical areas, which are FCS Pacific, FCS Central and FCS Atlantic. In addition to the events, the network features weekly coach's shows for various universities, programs from the various conferences and schools that highlight their athletes, and the regional sports reports from Fox Sports Net and other regional sports channels not within the FSN system. Also featured are high school basketball and football games and some state championships for these sports.

Last edited by schwin; 10-10-2007 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Added info

Post Thanks / Like
    I always thought that these 3 channels were merely a way for cable companies to duplicate the service one can receive from satellite with something like the Dish Multi-Sport package (which gives you all the RSNs, but none of the pro sports).

Perhaps this is incorrect, and/or FOX has now added additional not-seen-on-an-RSN programming to the FCS group of 3 channels.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! schwin did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, schwin did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, schwin did! Be COOL like schwin and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jegrant View Post
    I always thought that these 3 channels were merely a way for cable companies to duplicate the service one can receive from satellite with something like the Dish Multi-Sport package (which gives you all the RSNs, but none of the pro sports).

Perhaps this is incorrect, and/or FOX has now added additional not-seen-on-an-RSN programming to the FCS group of 3 channels.
    Interesting thought and that seems in line with other info found here

Fox Sports Net - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The FCS Channels offers the FSN feeds on the following channels:

Atlantic: New England, New York, Pittsburgh, South, Florida, Sun Sports, CSN Mid-Atlantic and MSG Network
    Central: Detroit, Southwest, North, Midwest, Indiana, and Ohio.
    Pacific: Bay Area, Arizona, Rocky Mountain, Northwest, West, and Prime Ticket.

All of these are on Dish but you would limited to the ones you have "regional access" to (or see with the multi-sport package - blackouts withstanding)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast