Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Existing Customer - Can I get New Customer Deals?

Post Thanks / Like

Existing Customer - Can I get New Customer Deals?

Not sure if the topic "crosses the line" on this board..If so, sorry.

If not, then...

Can I cancel my service and sign up for new service w/ my wife's name and SSN to get the DishHD DVR for free?

Do they have restrictions on using the same physical address?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Pepper did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Pepper did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Pepper did! Be COOL like Pepper and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    You will likely launch a debate on ethics with this one.

Is it possible, yes.
    Is it ethical, my opinion no.
    My dogs pepper & graci - for sale: this domain
    dish: ViP622 DVR L711RBDD-N (BS1731), AT250HD+BB+Mobile/Pensacola, 1K4 EA
    FTA: microHD, P* on SG2100(30W-123W-Ku), SuperDish on 125W-Ku, 39in ChannelMaster on 103W-Ku, Coolsat 7100 in closet
    LG 55LW5300 3Dtv, Sony STR-DH520 7.1 AV, SlingBox classic, AppleTV2

Post Thanks / Like
    I read through the Terms of Service to see if they define "new, first time residential customers"...

They basically say it's anyone who is currently not a subscriber (or in the previous 6 months) and has never has Dish for longer than 6 months.

They do not define whether the customer is the "household" or the "individual account holder".

I want to know.....If I call DISH and honestly tell them I want to cancel my service and sign up using my wife's name/SSN, will they let me?

Not sure I understand why "ethics" would be in question.

Post Thanks / Like
    no becausse of a a couple reasons! 1 last name is the same and then the address and the phone # are the same!!!!! so no that would not work either

Post Thanks / Like
    How much would the HD receiver cost as an upgrade?

There is nothing wrong or unethical with canceling and signing up your wife as a new customer. Charlie the CEO would prefer you didn't though.

Post Thanks / Like
    How much the upgrade to a 722 would cost depends on how long you've been a customer. Cost would be between $199 and $249 (installation costs already included). Only way to find out for sure is to call 800-333-DISH and ask. The GOOD NEWS is that DISH is offering a $100 mail in rebate for each receiver you upgrade (limit 2). So that let's you shave $100 off the price. Plus, if you are a first time DishHD subscriber you will get that package free for six months. That's worth $120 right there!

If you've been a customer for less than a year then forget about it. Can't blame them on that though. Those receivers cost them good money! Besides, I'm sure you got lots of goodies and freebies thrown at you when you first signed up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast