Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Receive HD Locals OTA

Post Thanks / Like

Can't Receive HD Locals OTA

So I live in an area where it's impossible to receive any kind of OTA tv signal, unless of course I put up an 80 ft tower with a directional antenna, which I'm not going to do. I currently receive my local channels through Dish Network but the HD signal for those locals aren't carried by DishNetwork. Is it possible to receive some kind of National HD network channels through Dish since I can't get my locals HD signal OTA?

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! KAB did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, KAB did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, KAB did! Be COOL like KAB and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    So I live in an area where it's impossible to receive any kind of OTA tv signal, unless of course I put up an 80 ft tower with a directional antenna, which I'm not going to do. I currently receive my local channels through Dish Network but the HD signal for those locals aren't carried by DishNetwork. Is it possible to receive some kind of National HD network channels through Dish since I can't get my locals HD signal OTA?
    The answer to your specific question is no. BUT, search the Dish Forum for "Moving to another city". Lots of threads about it.

Post Thanks / Like

OTA "HD" is everywhere!!

EXCEPTIONS??? Are you in Alaska? Otherwise. the past five years I've found picking up of OTA of HD signals of local and adjacent local stations with an INDOOR ANTENNA rather easily. Note: The DTV transmissions are not at full power yet. ... at about 15Kw, and not the normal 150Ks now being used for NTSC xtals.

chuck-Augusta, GA

PS: Where are you located? (direcTV land maybe.)

digiblur is offline Proud Staff Member
    Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice2know View Post
    EXCEPTIONS??? Are you in Alaska? Otherwise. the past five years I've found picking up of OTA of HD signals of local and adjacent local stations with an INDOOR ANTENNA rather easily. Note: The DTV transmissions are not at full power yet. ... at about 15Kw, and not the normal 150Ks now being used for NTSC xtals.

chuck-Augusta, GA

PS: Where are you located? (direcTV land maybe.)
    There are lots of places where the affiliates have failed to provide a good digital OTA signal and several that provide a digital signal but it isn't HD.

Try this thread:
    http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-hd-...lp-moving.html

Post Thanks / Like
    I live less than 3 miles from the "big four" tower sites, and I cannot pick up 2 of the 4 reliably with an indoor antenna. I've tried two different amplified antennas, and tried one non-amplified one hoping that i might be getting too much signal being in close proximity.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma / Las Vegas, Nevada
    Post Thanks / Like
    The signal is actually probably going over you if you are that close.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast