Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!
- JOIN US AS A MEMBER TO GET RID OF MANY OF THESE ADS INCLUDING THIS BIG AD BOX!!!
- This message (and many of these ads) will appear on every screen until you register! CLICK HERE to Register for FREE!
Can someone please explain to me what a RA number is?
To make a long story short:
- Upgraded my existing Dish package to the DishHD/722 package.
- Recieve my receiver today, and suprisingly enough, they send me a 622. (Thanks Dish!)
- After my second call to Dish (First call after I spoke with the CS she transferred me to their confirmation system, which hung up on me), CS insists that the correct model receiver will be sent to me. I ask her to provide me with a tracking number so I can track the shipment and she continues to insist the correct model will be sent to me this time. However she can only provide me with the RA number of the receiver.
I kept on asking her what the RA number was for, and she stated it was for the receiver. However this tells me nothing....
Thanks for any insights!
11-27-2007 02:56 PM
Is she talking return authorization number? That would be a number they assign so when the product comes back they know what the heck it is.
That's my first thought.
Yes, it's the Return Authorization number for your 622. That's the tracking number where they can follow the return of your 622 and the shipment of the correct model 722.
Thank you for the replies.
One last question,
Would you think it would be wise to put the RA number on the 622 I am returning back to them?
When I was on the phone with the lady she kept on mentioning this number to give to me for the shipment of the 722. I don't want to confuse their shipping department anymore than they seem to be, and am already dissapointed with Dish since I will not have my correct receiver on-time for when my HD television is scheduled to be delivered.
Thanks for your time.
YES. Write your RA # in black marker on the box (more than one side). The number is for the entire process - sending your 622, and receiving your 722. Also keep the tracking # for the UPS prepaid label. That way they can't say they didn't get the 622 back.
Originally Posted by jk-
Tags for this Thread