Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys! We are America's Most Popular Satellite Forum!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maximum Number of Event Timers

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! charlesrshell did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, charlesrshell did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, charlesrshell did! Be COOL like charlesrshell and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like

Maximum Number of Event Timers

I have been programing a 722 for future timers. As I was doing this a pop up window came up and says "The Maximum number of event timers has been reached. No more can be created at this time without deleting one previously created". I guess there must be a limit. Does anyone know what that number is?

Dish 1000+ / Dish 500 / SIRIUS Radio / OTA Terrestrial Digital DB4 / 26 dB Pre-Amp / Slingbox 500 / RF Modulatorsx3
    119 / 110 / 129 / 118.7 / DPP44x2 / Duo Nodex2 / Hopper w/Slingx4 / Joeyx1 / 500G WD My DVR Expander EHDx2
    AEP HD / Xtsy / Multi-Sport / Blockbuster@Home / International Basic / Italian Raitalia / Heartland / Outdoor Sports
    55" Samsung HD LED / 50" Panasonic HD Plasma / 50" Vizio HD LED / 40" Samsung HD LED / 32" Vizio HD LCD

2. # ADS
    Register Today & This Ad Goes Away! Syndicated Advertisement

Reigster at SatelliteGuys

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Hall did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Hall did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Hall did! Be COOL like Hall and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's in the 500-600 range. They did increase it from 288, I believe, a few s/w releases ago.

Remember, a "timer" isn't an entry for a TV show, it's all instances of that show. A good example is "Spongebob". Some people think that's (1) timer. It's not, it's (1) "event". If you do "All episodes", you could end up with dozens and dozens of timers.
    Remember: SatelliteGuys are not your normal customer

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! charlesrshell did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, charlesrshell did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, charlesrshell did! Be COOL like charlesrshell and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hall View Post
    It's in the 500-600 range. They did increase it from 288, I believe, a few s/w releases ago.

Remember, a "timer" isn't an entry for a TV show, it's all instances of that show. A good example is "Spongebob". Some people think that's (1) timer. It's not, it's (1) "event". If you do "All episodes", you could end up with dozens and dozens of timers.
    OK, thanks for the info. I don't think I have near that amount. I guess I could count them to be sure. The timers only go nine days in advance, right??
    Dish 1000+ / Dish 500 / SIRIUS Radio / OTA Terrestrial Digital DB4 / 26 dB Pre-Amp / Slingbox 500 / RF Modulatorsx3
    119 / 110 / 129 / 118.7 / DPP44x2 / Duo Nodex2 / Hopper w/Slingx4 / Joeyx1 / 500G WD My DVR Expander EHDx2
    AEP HD / Xtsy / Multi-Sport / Blockbuster@Home / International Basic / Italian Raitalia / Heartland / Outdoor Sports
    55" Samsung HD LED / 50" Panasonic HD Plasma / 50" Vizio HD LED / 40" Samsung HD LED / 32" Vizio HD LCD

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! KyDave did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, KyDave did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, KyDave did! Be COOL like KyDave and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is also worth mentioning that - using Hall's Spongebob example - it DOES NOT MATTER if you select ALL or NEW for the timer. Spongebob will take up something like 50+ entries regardless. This is because even the episodes marked as SKIPPED are included in this 500-600 range limit. Hard to believe but only few timers setup for show that have multiple, multiple showings can quickly eat away at this 500-600 limit. Extreme example - a single DISH PASS timer for something like PAID PROGRAMMING would likely eat up the entire limit.

Help Keep SatelliteGuys For All, Click a Star and Become a Supporter! Hall did! Help Support The Site And Get Rid of the Syndicated Ads, Hall did! If you enjoy the site consider supporting it, Hall did! Be COOL like Hall and Click a Star and become a Supporting Pub Member today!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they only go (9) days ahead. Take any particular "event" you have and then look at the breakdown/details for that event. It will list all instances that it found and as KyDave pointed out, they ALL are counted even though they won't be recorded. Count the number of instances for that (1) program. Repeat that for each program and see how things add up.

Just out of curiosity, what are some of the programs you've selected ?
    Remember: SatelliteGuys are not your normal customer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hall View Post
    Yes, they only go (9) days ahead. Take any particular "event" you have and then look at the breakdown/details for that event. It will list all instances that it found and as KyDave pointed out, they ALL are counted even though they won't be recorded. Count the number of instances for that (1) program. Repeat that for each program and see how things add up.

Just out of curiosity, what are some of the programs you've selected ?

Well, counting up all the skipped stuf too, I would imagine that there is up in the hundreds of timers I have loaded. We have maybe six things that are loaded for weekly recording. I was just going thru the Dish Flick magazine and loading one time things the wife has identified she wanted to watch. Assortment of several channels. I have loaded maybe 15 things when the pop up window said I was maxed out.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast